Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie, and here's my question: hoa bill, deposits after discharge

guys
    im glad theres such forum as this one to share info.
    well, my chapt 7 got discharged in feb. due to 2 homes and arm loans... not to mention the worst market.
    long story short...
    one of 2 homes i used to own sent a certified letter asking for all the hoa dues behind as of today's. i made sure they were listed in my bk.

well, im to fax them my discharge letter soon but, is it true i can be liable for hoa dues until home got sold on auction? i know it was sold in march this year... im surprised hoa has no clue and why they weren't informed of such change in a property. (condo).

i guess some hoa let go, and some would sue if necessary to get that money.

also,
    i heard after bk discharged, people can start building savings and put some money in a bank. what's the limit and is it monitored?

what will my next year tax return going to be by chapter 7...?

please share your info as it will be appreciated.

thanks

- newbie, who's affected by all these ordeals... trying to heal wounds by moving on.

is it true, after bk discharge, people can win lottery and keep all the money in a bank, and nobody can touch it?

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchstress View Post
      is it true, after bk discharge, people can win lottery and keep all the money in a bank, and nobody can touch it?
      Yes

Once you are discharged, your case is OVER. The ONLY exception is if someone you know DIES and leaves you inheritance or life insurance proceeds. If someone dies within 180 days of your filing DATE, any thing you get from that dead persons estate is subject to the BK estate.

In most states, HOA dues run with the property, not to the individual, so if you let the property go in foreclosure, the unpaid HOA dues are someone else's problem. The collection notice you got is most likely and empty attempt of the HOA to collect a debt. However, HOA laws can vary, so you may have to check with a real estate attorney in you are regarding the collectability of that debt.
      Last edited by HHM; 05-03-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

i havent won the lottery

I haven't won the lottery but i have hit for $$$$ at the slots and no one came after me AFTER discharge

Good Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

so that means money deposited in a bank acct wont be sought after or questioned later by who knows what... right..? thanks

Comment

The HOA fees from the date of discharge until the date your name is OFF the title are your responsibility. Any fees prior to discharge are not your responsibility.
            Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchstress View Post
              so that means money deposited in a bank acct wont be sought after or questioned later by who knows what... right..? thanks
              Correct.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X