What did you send when you filed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you send when you filed?

Thanks for all the support and being there this past year! I finally file Chapter 7 tomorrow YAY!

I went over the final bankruptcy paperwork with my lawyer this morning and signed everything (I did two rounds of edits/corrections prior to this morning's meeting). I have given him copies of all the other documentation requested (bank statements, bills, credit card statements, receipts, etc.) and more for almost the past year. What concerns me is that he's only going to send copies of my pay stubs for the last 60 days, along with all the standard, required Ch. 7 bankruptcy forms. No bank statements, no credit card bills, no utility bills, etc., will be included in the filing packet. I asked him about this and he said that nothing in my Ch. 7 case looks like it will get flagged -- it seems like a very straightforward "no asset" case. So he thinks it's better to send the minimum required at time of filing and, then, if the Trustee needs more doc, my lawyer has everything and will send it. Does this sound right? I might add that my lawyer is not a strictly bankruptcy attorney, he practices other areas of law.

What do you guys think? Should I be worried? Should I bring that stuff with me at my 341?

Hugs to all of you!
    5/2008 - Filed Ch. 7

Worst case scenario is that the trustee would reschedule your 341 to allow you to bring whatever might be missing to the rescheduled meeting. If it helps you to feel less stressed, bring copies of whatever you think might be needed along. (You don't want to give your originals to the trustee.)

Bring your papers in a non-metal container that can go through the metal detector at the courthouse to make things as easy as possible.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I worried a lot about the same thing - We brought only our most recent tax return to our mtg b/c the trustee asked for that . The trustee did not ask us for anything else. If your trustee does not specificly request anything else then I would not bring it. The advice I have been given is do not give any more info than you are asked for. I had a hard time with it but so far he has still asked for nothing and declared us No distribution yesterday. You will not be penalized for not bringing things that have not been asked for. You'll get a letter soon after you file with your 341 mtg date and anything the trustee is asking for - that is where he requested out tax info. I think that is pretty standard. Good luck!

Comment

I would bring copies and keep it in a folder, that way IF the trustee request info, you have it right in your lap - and no need to extend any dates! IF not then keep in your lap (mums the word). Had I not brought one of my previous tax transcripts I would had to drag the process out 10 more days!

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by bbgstartingover View Post
          Thanks for all the support and being there this past year! I finally file Chapter 7 tomorrow YAY!
          [edit]
          What concerns me is that he's only going to send copies of my pay stubs for the last 60 days, along with all the standard, required Ch. 7 bankruptcy forms. No bank statements, no credit card bills, no utility bills, etc., will be included in the filing packet. I asked him about this and he said that nothing in my Ch. 7 case looks like it will get flagged -- it seems like a very straightforward "no asset" case. So he thinks it's better to send the minimum required at time of filing and, then, if the Trustee needs more doc, my lawyer has everything and will send it. Does this sound right? I might add that my lawyer is not a strictly bankruptcy attorney, he practices other areas of law.

What do you guys think? Should I be worried? Should I bring that stuff with me at my 341?

Hugs to all of you!
          Sounds perfectly right to me. My attorney did not include utility bills, bank statements or credit card bills with my petition nor did he ask me to see any of those himself.
          <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
          FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Thanks you guys! I officially filed yesterday...YAYYYYYY. My 341 is scheduled for June 11th in the morning. I'm going to just try and stay in the present and not think too much until then.
            5/2008 - Filed Ch. 7

Comment

Good luck bbg
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X