Can I Keep It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Keep It

Currently Financing A Truck Form Toyota Motor Credit If I File Will I Need To Surrender It Or Can I Keep It. It Is My Work Truck So I Really Need It( courier)

Originally posted by CANTDOIT View Post
    Currently Financing A Truck Form Toyota Motor Credit If I File Will I Need To Surrender It Or Can I Keep It. It Is My Work Truck So I Really Need It( courier)
    Whether you can keep it or not depends on your CA bankruptcy exemptions and how much equity you can protect on your truck when you file.

In CA there are two bankruptcy exemption 'plans' to select between. The amounts they protect for autos are different.

Have you set up free or low-cost initial appointments with 3-4 bankruptcy lawyers in your area yet? If you haven't, then it's time to do that. You can ask this question plus get a good idea of what's going to happen if you do file.

(And a favor to ask - when you post, can you please not capitalize every word and use periods to show when your sentences are over? I'm stubborn so I worked my way through your post anyway. However, since how you are writing does make your post hard to read, that's likely why you haven't gotten an answer until persistent old me showed up

Hang in there - keep posting your questions - we'll help you sort things out if we can.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I really hope I can keep my car as well. I am in Florida making payments on my 10 year old vehicle. It's the only way I can get around to school (not working right now)...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X