Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I get a warning before car repo?

Hello,

I have missed two car payments so far, and all I ever got was a call from the bank asking for the payment, I told them I lost my job and won't be able to pay until I get a new job, and they just said "ok, please try to send the payment in as soon as possible".

If they decide to repo my car, will I first get some sort of a letter in the mail warning me that they will repo my car unless I pay up? Or can they do it just any day without any warning that they are planning to repo?

I'm starting to get a little paranoid whenever I leave my car unattended. The loan is through Fifth Third Bank.

No, they'll give no warning. They don't want you to hide the car from them.

Comment

No warning. In fact, that's why it's usually done in the middle of the night. They actually want to find the car and anywhere they think they can get it, that's where they'll try to repo it.
      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

But wouldn't it take more than 2 missed payments for them to repo it?

Comment

They can repo a car after the first missed payment; however, the norm is usually after the second payment but you never know when they can come. Once a payment is missed, there is breach of contract and all terms as to what the creditor can do after that time is listed on all the loan paperwork you signed and copies provided to you when you took out the loan.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I missed 4 payments and the car is still on my driveway. I actually want them to come and get so I can cancel my insurance. My atty does not want me to call them and ask to come and get it.

Comment

I recieved a hand written form in my mailbox from a repo company requesting that I contact them...never did...they picked up my truck a few weeks later on a sat morning.....cost me much$$$ in fees to get it back.....now crammed down in my chapt 13
              Chapter 13 Filed: 11/7/07
              341: 12/11/07
              Confirmed: 2/17/08

Comment

How many payments were you behind?

Originally posted by Crainial Access View Post
                I recieved a hand written form in my mailbox from a repo company requesting that I contact them...never did...they picked up my truck a few weeks later on a sat morning.....cost me much$$$ in fees to get it back.....now crammed down in my chapt 13

Comment

2 payments........but a few lates prior to that
                  Chapter 13 Filed: 11/7/07
                  341: 12/11/07
                  Confirmed: 2/17/08

Comment

Ok.

I just missed my first payment on one vehicle and no lates.

Originally posted by Crainial Access View Post
                    2 payments........but a few lates prior to that

Comment

We were 3 payments behind and they still handn't tried to come and get it we filed when it was 3 months and 8 days late. I too would like them to come and get it but we are waiting until after our 341 also. Can't afford to drive it. Gas too high.....so sad Im driving my daughter 32mpg car.
                      Filed Ch 7 - 04/08/2008 - Done
                      341 continued 06/30/2008
                      Last day for objections - 08/01/2008
                      Discharged 08/13/2008

Comment

same as me now i miss one payment an they said there coming to take my car.but hope they don't catch me.

Comment

Don't know if creditors are legally obligated to warn you in advance, but if they don't - and all of a sudden you don't see your car in front of your house report it to the police as the car having been stolen.

Comment

Generally, any repossession people who are picking up a vehicle will sign in at the police station, just in case the vehicle is reported stolen. The person at the police station checks the list, and you will find out.

A sure fire way to get plenty of warning is to put it in a garage, if you have one. They can not enter your residence or a closed garage to repossess a vehicle without your permission, or without a court order.
                            Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
                            Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
                            If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Cool33097....I would cancel my insurance if I were surrendering the car.

I'm not sure why your atty wants you to keep the ins on it.

In a previous post, I was informed that the finance company would have to request to lift the stay before they could come out and repo. Does anyine know if it's true or not?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X