top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, another stupid question. Where are my bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, another stupid question. Where are my bills?

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

All of your credit accounts are affected when you file BK, and even if you don't list one of them they will catch wind of it, possibly from your credit report and close your account.

Another possibility is that my attorney pulled our credit reports to make sure that nobody was left out, you have to list all of your creditors regardless of your desire to pay them. Maybe your attorney did the same.

I hope this helps.
    ichb
    Filed Chapter 7 June 20th
    341 scheduled for August 6th
    Discharged August 2008.

Comment

Hi ichb:

I love your avatar. That "eyes like saucers" look is the way we feel, especially when we have to go anywhere near our attorney. Isn't that sad?

I don't believe that she would have pulled our credit reports, or all the creditors would have been listed in our paperwork she gave us to review (I would think). Nor do I remember being told to bring in copies of our credit reports with things that I know we WERE asked to bring in.

Our experience with our attorney has been very bad--and that is being kind. She kept asking for the same material over and over again, which we resubmitted time and time again, and when we finally said: "Lady, DO SOMETHING, it was like the only time she had to meet with us was the last 15 minutes of the last business day of 2007, and we were imposing on HER after we had hired her more than 15 months previously. Also, her general tone of voice (to us at least) is screaming.

Thanks for your input.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you! My avatar has something to do with my nickname but I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link that would be a clue.

50 bonus points to whoever can figure out what my nickname means.
        ichb
        Filed Chapter 7 June 20th
        341 scheduled for August 6th
        Discharged August 2008.

Comment

First of all, you are REQUIRED to include all of your debts. You cannot pick and choose. If you have another acct with GEMB, then you notified them...and in turn notified Lowes and RadioShack who are also managed by GEMB....

Plus a creditor does periodic checks of your credit report and will know if you filed ad usually zero it out and close the acct in assuming they were included, because the law is that all creditors are included.

You need to no hold things back from your attorney. This could get you in a lot of trouble. I hope that this all goes well for you, but the main thing in BK is to be open and honest about all things!
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Ditto to Cindy. You can't pick and choose. All of your accounts are affected by your filing. Trust me, there were a couple of gold and platinum credit cards I would have liked to keep out of my filing, but I had to list everything.

My atty. got my authorization and pulled my credit report with me sitting in his office just to make sure nothing unexpected came up later from creditors. I don't think your atty would pull yours without your permission or some kind of fee, but if you are having problems with her, I doubt she would have. And to emphasize what Cindy said, if you hold back things from your atty. you could get into trouble and your BK could get dismissed for fraud.
            Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
            341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
            Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Thank you Cindy, Southern:

My attorney has told us much of nothing. She Ass u mes that we should know all this stuff. I didn’t know squat until this forum. Now since we have an enemy bent on our demise and he has an AP against our bankruptcy as well as an anonymous tip about a Mortgage Deed we sold and PAID living expenses, we accept we will be dismissed anyway. She is nill to respond to any questions and I do not even wish to talk to her. She said we will get together “in a couple of weeks” after we were examined by our Trustee’s special lawyer. We don’t know those results yet either, so by the time she amends anything, we probably will be dead meat. The open lawsuit that is five years old and non productive for two, was the reason this enemy opened an AP against us. He wishes to sue our civil complaint so as to make it Criminal in Federal Court.

If I can stall that suit for six months, I will attempt to re-file my BK if allowed. I’m learning on the job and we have NO MONEY to afford an attorney again. She was prepaid a mistake I will not make again. I just may put both cases up on a website I have if you wish to read them. The adversarial complaint I am more worried about since this man has vowed to destroy both of us.
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

BTW our attorney knew of the Mortgage Deed as we were filing 13 at that time, she stated you sold it, it does not exist, and you spent the money on bills, so no assett. She screwed up as when we were forced into 7 the sale was within four months. It was recorded late one month before we filed so the enemy found it in Public Records and anonymously reported it. We have a paper trail of our attorneys mistakes. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X