Papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papers

I have not heard anything from the UST. He has not asked for my tax returns or paystubs. He has already asked the court to release him and that all documents are satisfied (under pacer, documents filed). But pacer still shows pending, awaiting first meeting in the status page.

Should I call his office. I really don't want to though. I believe he checked with my state's comptroller. He also check the MVA for my vehicles. When he asked me at the 341 about vehicles I owned, I told him that I had a car and my wife has a car, and before I could get it out, he said "and you have a motorcycle". On the assest page I listed it, but the cycle part was cut off ( not enough room with vin and year). So I know he had to of checked the MVA.

Maybe he has all the information he needs.

45 days to go. I have done the post credit class, I did that two days after filing.
    Filed BK 3-31-08
    341 meeting 5-16-08
    discharge 7-18-08
    Fico 595 pre filing, Fico 587 post filing

Anyone.
    Filed BK 3-31-08
    341 meeting 5-16-08
    discharge 7-18-08

Comment

Almost, your PACER docket should say "awaiting discharge" or something to that effect. It sounds to me like a clerical error (if that) because you already have the determination of no assets, and that's the bit you want more than anything else! So in reality, you're golden, even if PACER doesn't quite reflect that yet.

What I would do is call the bankruptcy clerk and ask to speak to my case manager. This is the person assigned by the court to deal with the paperwork of your case, and is usually designated by case number. When you get that person, just ask: "I saw this flag on PACER, can you tell me what it means?" and they'll be able to tell you and to correct it if necessary. Don't pressure them to change it if they tell you it's not an error; just check it every week or so and make sure nothing else wierd pops up. If it does, THEN call them back.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
      Last edited by FreshLikeADaisy; 06-02-2008, 08:29 PM. Reason: speeling :)
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Thank You Freshlikeadaisy, you are always so helpful. I called and spoke to the case manager and she did know why, and she told me that maybe I should call the trustee and see If there is something he needs. I told her that he never asked for anything, tax returns and such.
        This all came about because I aked her if everything was on track she said it looks fine except the status. And she did not know why and maybe the UST was waiting for something from you. But again the UST wrote on the docket report;

"Meeting of Creditors Held and Concluded and Trustee's Report of No Distribution: Trustee of this estate reports and certifies that the trustee has performed the duties required of a trustee under 11 U.S.C. 704 and has concluded that there are no assets to administer for the benefit of creditors of this estate. I have received no funds or property of the estate, and paid no monies on account of the estate. Wherefore, the trustee prays that this report be approved and the trustee be discharged from office.. (Logan, Sean) (Entered: 05/28/2008)"
        Filed BK 3-31-08
        341 meeting 5-16-08
        discharge 7-18-08

Comment

I would call the trustee and just a general question: is there anything further you need regarding my discharge? If he says no, then mention that pacer still shows "pending"...I"m sure he will then correct it. I had a similar problem and called the clerk, got the same answer you did, then called the trustee and it eventually got fixed.
          Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Thanks Cindylou. Maybe I will luck-out and get an assistant. Really don't want to be chatty with the UST.
            Filed BK 3-31-08
            341 meeting 5-16-08
            discharge 7-18-08

Comment

Almost, many trustees have email addresses (look on the U.S. Trustee Program's website) and you always have the option of sending a letter, so you won't need to get chatty with anyone if you don't want to.

Actually, I'd be surprised if he answered the phone. If you call his office, tell his staff that you have a problem with the PACER flag on your case, the case manager has indicated that it means the trustee is awaiting information from you, and ask specifically for a listing of whatever it is he is waiting for. If you write a letter or email, word it this way as well. This limited approach will suss it out one way or the other, with a minimum of explanation needed from you, which should take some of the stress off.

I wish you well!!!
              Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X