No announcement yet.

100K limit? myth or real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase seems to be such a pain. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't they have a legal duty to give us this information?

What if the issue were an IRS audit and not a BK, I am sure that they would not have any issues then.
    Very fortunate in the grand scheme of things but have learned my lesson.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

My husband and I have over 100k in just student loans, which put our unsecured debt very high. Our lawyer said that if the UST asks at the 341 why we have so much unsecured debt, he said we should answer with "108 is in student loans."

She didn't even ask us at our 341, and she marked us as a no asset after 2 minutes.
      Filed 5/22/08 341 Meeting 6/19/08 (No Asset) Last Day for Objections 8/19/08 Discharged 8/22/08 Case Closed 8/25/08
      Credit Score 4/28/08--660 6/10/08--528 Credit Score 8/30/08--625

Comment

Originally posted by Lajazz947 View Post
        Chase seems to be such a pain. Thanks for the heads up.

Don't they have a legal duty to give us this information?

What if the issue were an IRS audit and not a BK, I am sure that they would not have any issues then.
        Maybe if you call them on the phone you should just tell them you ARE being audited by the IRS and need the statements ASAP. Even better, tell them youve had a change of heart and "might" pay them there money if you can verify all of your charges for the past two years, in which case you need all the statements ASAP. Lastly, cant you guys access your past statements online?
        Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

Good ideas. I will try all of those. Let me see what my attorney needs since I did give him all of the past 7 months worth.

Filed 12/15/08, 341 1/12/09, Cont to 2/12/09, cont to 3/12/09, cont to 4/15/09, cont to 5/11/09, cont to 6/02/09. Discharged 9/16/09, Closed 10/23/09

Comment

I think you will find that very shortly after you file you will have no access to online statements or any online account services with creditors on your matrix. Chase really is clever... we signed up for email statements thinking we could print them later and the images of the statements that were inserted in those emails weren't downloaded images at all - they were all just links.

Comment

Originally posted by Help! View Post
              I think you will find that very shortly after you file you will have no access to online statements or any online account services with creditors on your matrix. Chase really is clever... we signed up for email statements thinking we could print them later and the images of the statements that were inserted in those emails weren't downloaded images at all - they were all just links.
              Jeez, is this even legal?

Can someone ask their attorney before I ask mine?

Comment

This credit card statement thing is honestly all new to me, I had no idea they might ask for this, although it makes perfect sense. Hopefully my online access is ok, ill let you guys know.
                Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

Well, lets hope my case is one of those where the people say, " the trustee didnt ask me anything" because I am not able to log into ANY of my accounts (like 12 of them). I do have one or two statemnts for each card, but will this really be a big deal? If he is looking at the statements for hidden assets then hopefully he will see I dont have any CC for more than 2500 bucks and leave it be.

Comment

I didn't have any credit card statement.

Comment

Does the 10 day rule start the day of or the day after?

Originally posted by Help! View Post
                      It seems awfully late in your case for the UST to appear. I'll bet they don't get involved in your case because of your husband's deployment. Congress did a lousy job of defining "special circumstances" rebutting abuse but military deployment was one specifically mentioned in 11 USC so I'd be surprised if the UST would file a presumed abuse statement. Their time is almost up anyway (10 day rule).

Comment

I am printing out one years worth just to be safe tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless ProSe View Post
                          Thanks, makes me feel better. We stopped using all of our credit last year when things were obviously headed downhill. I didnt buy anything big but I have bought computers and such in the past (over a year ago). I guess I was worried because when I filled out all my forms our debt came to slightly over 98k (unsecured), and I was thinking OMG! I never realized we even had that much debt until I put it all out on paper. Before it was just 20 bucks a month to this card and 15 bucks a month to that card. Money flies when ur having fun I guess.
                          It was a total shock to me too, how much in debt I was. I knew it was a lot, but I was stunned, nonetheless. From now on, I keep track of my money and such very closely and always know where I'm at.

I know it was me who ran up the debt and am ultimately responsible, but what in the hell were these credit card people, etc., thinking...giving me that much credit in the first place? I almost don't feel too bad for them. KWIM?

Comment

Everything changed once we went from a nice 6 figure combined income to just 1 income.

Originally posted by Debster222 View Post
                            It was a total shock to me too, how much in debt I was. I knew it was a lot, but I was stunned, nonetheless. From now on, I keep track of my money and such very closely and always know where I'm at.

I know it was me who ran up the debt and am ultimately responsible, but what in the hell were these credit card people, etc., thinking...giving me that much credit in the first place? I almost don't feel too bad for them. KWIM?

Comment

I have 104k on CC.
                              Lost 95% of it in stock market doing day trades. How trustee would react to it?
                              12/31/08: Filed for ch 13. (FICO: 605 as of 1/5/09, 648 as of July 2010). 02/11/09: 341 mtg. Plan confirmed for $200 per month for 36 months... (20 down 16 left)

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                                Does the 10 day rule start the day of or the day after?
                                The day of... so if the 341 is concluded on the 10th, the statement is required to be filed by the 20th. Sometimes UST statements appear a day or two after the deadline, though.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X