what states dont garnish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what states dont garnish

are there any states that dont allow wage garnishment?
    filed chapter 7- dec 11, 2008
    341 meeting - jan. 21, 2009
    predischarge Education complete- Jan 28, 2009
    deadline for creditor objections- mar 23, 2009

Texas, not sure of the others.

Texas and Florida are homestead states and do not allow the equity in your house to be up for grabs. It is wonderfully protected, all of it.

Comment

Pennsylvania is another.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Indiana isn't one. They'll garnish.
        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

trying to come up with plan b if a local creditor with in house attorneys gets their 38k removed from my chapter 7

so far ive seen texas, pennsylvania, n. hamshire, n. carolina, s. carolina,
          anyone know if these are correct?

also, i saw the homestead exempt in florida, but do they allow wage garnishment?
          filed chapter 7- dec 11, 2008
          341 meeting - jan. 21, 2009
          predischarge Education complete- Jan 28, 2009
          deadline for creditor objections- mar 23, 2009

Comment

kansas does
            "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
            6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
            8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
            9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

austin, san antonio, or houston never looked better - and no state income tax either!!
              Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
              (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

State of Insanity garnishes your health and State of Panic garnishes your self control. So I wouldnt' move to those two if you can avoid it.
                Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
                  State of Insanity garnishes your health and State of Panic garnishes your self control. So I wouldnt' move to those two if you can avoid it.
                  lol
                  "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
                  6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
                  8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
                  9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

Texas!! Home Of The Alamo and the only state in the contiguous United States That was Once Its' own republic-even had it's own Navy! Hotter than Hell in the Summer, and the Red ants won't allow you to walk barefoot without pause, but an Experience One should never do without!

Comment

North Carolina's laws are a bit odd. It is possible that you can't be garnished but depends on the debt

You should read this:

May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Florida allows wage and bank account garnishment, but there are stipulations.

Something like wage earner who is head of family under earnings of minimum
                        wage 3 times pi squared to the nth power divided by the national debt and subtracted from the national deficit.

Only in Florida!!! Check the website before you move here. No STATE INCOME TAX either. 7% sales tax on everthing, clothes, non groceries, shoes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BKParalegal View Post
                          Simirly Ive heard that they may or may not in DN (Denial), but no one notices if they do.
                          Not only am I not a lawyer, the California BAR association has sent me numerous letters telling me not to even THINK about going to law school. In fact, the lay advice I provide is not even good. In the end remember, you get what you pay for, and here in BK land were not the best at paying.

Comment

How uninformed can you be? Denial is a river in Egypt, not a state.

Comment

lol!!!
                              Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                              (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X