Credit Bereau is reporting Involuntary Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Bereau is reporting Involuntary Chapter 7

Among the interesting things that have happened since I filed Chapter 7 a week and a half ago is one of the Credit Bureaus is reporting "Involuntary Chapter 7" on mine and my wife's credit reports. This now makes all three agencies reporting the Bankruptcy.

At the same time it doesn't appear like my credit union has even the slightest clue that anything has happened. I expected to have my account access blocked within a day or two but nothing has changed yet.
    Last edited by Keebler; 08-21-2008, 06:24 AM.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

should be IIB
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
      should be IIB

It actually shows up under "Public Information" where lawsuits and stuff would normally show up. Only one credit card has changed its reporting so far.
      Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

You aren’t discharged yet?
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

No! I filed a week and a half ago.

Comment

I wont be looking at mine until after discharge. not sure there is much you can do before that
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Wow, Keeb, wtf? You made me go all goggle eyed.

A certified letter to the credit bureaus should take care of that, with a copy of your Form 1 (VOLUNTARY petition!) enclosed, but... an involuntary bankruptcy is so uncommon on the consumer level that I'm just wondering where on God's green earth they got it from. Any ideas? Any creditor file against you before you filed yourself? You might want to check the U.S. Party/Case Index (it's part of the PACER system and you use your PACER ID to log in) and look up your name, SSN, etc just to make sure you've got nothing out there. Don't let me worry you unduly; chances are very good you don't have anything out there and this weirdness is just the standard credit bureau commitment to excellence in reporting accurate, timely, and complete information , but I'd sure wanna know, myself.

Good luck!!!
              Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Since you only filed a few weeks ago, there is absolutely no reason to worry about what is on your credit reports right now. A good portion will update and correct after your discharge when reported by the creditors and the BK Court. Wait until at least 3 months after discharge then pull all your reports. There is no reason to be in a hurry to clean up your credit prior to that time. We are still fighting on and off with Experian two years after our discharge because they keep posting we filed a Chapter 7 on 3 accounts (rest are all listed as Chapter 13 so figure that one out) even though they receive documentation and discharge papers indicating otherwise. What is on your reports right now should change after your discharge but you need to know that there are people at those reporting agencies who either cannot or do not read what you send in and keep inserting things incorrectly. There can be no other reason as to our situation. I will be thankful when all this stuff starts coming off next April (7 years from filing). It has been awful trying to keep it cleaned up. When you get it cleaned up, six months later it is all reported wrong again, changed dates, etc., at least for us over a period of more than two years.

So don't be in a hurry....

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X