top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$$$When can I have some in my checking Acct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$$$When can I have some in my checking Acct?

I'm curious.

I have had my 341 already. It was continued for some reason (not known) .

I am thinking of selling the car my dad gave me to drive a while ago. It's worth $2500. If I sell it, can I deposit the money in my acct? Will I have to claim it since I have had my 341?

The trustee has not requested any statements in my case, not sure if it's because I am a mostly Biz C7 or not.

Please advise

When you file, it is a snapshot of your life of that day. But I usually tell the clients to not change any life events until after your 341, just to be safe. And if you used an attorney, he/she already sent the docs the trustee required.

Good Luck
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

Personally, I would wait until your final 341 is complete. Then I would even consider waiting until discharge. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
      May 5, 2008 - Filed Ch7
      June 13, 2008 - 341 Meeting
      August 12, 2008 - Last day for objections... August 18, 2008 - Discharged!
      August 26, 2008 - CASE CLOSED!

Comment

thanks to you all.

I forgot even after mentioning it...yeah I do have another 341 don't I?

I will more than likely wait until discharge or so.

Comment

It is odd the trustee didn't tell you why you have another 341. I know at my 341, the ones that had to continue were told and told why.

I would wait until the final 341 and go from there.

Comment

I was told after 341 is OK not to worry and wait until discharge.
            Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
            341 Oct 8 2008
            Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

I'm thinking the trustee wants to dig into more property or something.

She researched the one she fought with me over, I assume she did her homework on the others so I am not sure why either. Nor is my attorney. She will more than likely cancel it, but I hope she does so sooner than later. It is extremely difficult for my wife to take off work....even for an hour. Those people!

Comment

I wish you luck with it DB.

Comment

If you have to go a month or more between the 341 and confirmation how does everyone pay their bills? I'm trying to figure out how to pay my mortgage and utilities without a checking account?
                  Filed 10/20/08
                  Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

Between filing and 341, I paid with money orders. After 341, I paid with checks.

Comment

You can't access your accounts after you file and before 341? I didn't know that... more info please??
                      Filed C7 12-09-08
                      Discharged 5-15-09

Comment

This thread started with one person asking questions now it has several.

Companies aren't allowed to contact you because of automatic stay. So if you have a car, house or insurance payment, you will have to get the billing info and send it in.

Comment

Originally posted by paintinrosesred View Post
                          You can't access your accounts after you file and before 341? I didn't know that... more info please??

yes, you can use your accounts after you file and before the 341. i'm not clear on why people aren't using their accounts as they did prior to filing, but it isn't because you can't; i have been and don't anticipate any issues at my 341.
                          Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                          (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                            This thread started with one person asking questions now it has several.

Companies aren't allowed to contact you because of automatic stay. So if you have a car, house or insurance payment, you will have to get the billing info and send it in.
                            Sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread!
                            Filed 10/20/08
                            Discharged 1/27/09

Comment

Hi SoleProp,
                              Dollar started the thread about selling an asset before a 341 (his continued).
                              I don't know how the thread got to the other stuff.
                              I also use my accounts but won't sell anything until after the 341.

Hi Dollar, I hope you and DW cruise through
                              Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                              341 Oct 8 2008
                              Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X