top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever got an objection from CC's on balance transfers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went on my consult today and I think I found a bad lawyer... I told the lawyer that I have been moving money from one card to another for years with balance transfers. For example a 3.9% rate expired and went back to 18.99 percent I would transfer money away and then use a new check to bring it back at a lower rate. This has caught up and there are no more low rates, Last $25k transfer I made was on 9/3, This account had a $29k balance on it and I paid $25k off using money which was due to my Amex, Once I tranfered it off they refused to honor the 3.9% check I had but Amex was due so I had to transfer $25k back to Amex from the card and they nailed me with the 18.99% rate and to top it off they charged me a $750 transfer fee.

In any case his advice was to immediately stop making all payments since I dont have any cards left to use anyway and not to borrow money to keep making payments. But If I read correctly on balance transfers here I need to pay for 6 months+ after a transfer and honestly I cant go on any longer paying so I dont know if I should listen to his advice or find another lawyer? Anyone have any additional ideas, There is no cash if they tell me I have to pay these transfers back.

Comment

Go see at least 6 attorneys. Everytime you go you will learn something. Im not sure what to tell you except you cant file before 6 months or longer, especially if you cant make the min. payments. Can you? I feel for you really....this cc shell game doent pay off for anyone. I've been doing the same thing for years...
      Be careful with who ever you choose, my first attorney screwed me too...but luckily I havent filed yet.
      As far as them not honoring your interest? I would call and talk to a senior act manager or someone and find out whats going on...I wouldnt let them get away with it if you can...
      Last edited by ready2puke; 09-13-2008, 09:57 PM.

Comment

how did your attorney screw you?

Comment

He gave me very bad advice..1: Go ahead and file before the 90 day rule even tho I had about 60k of balance transfers that were only a few months old.
          I have property in Mexico which 35% is held in a IRA and the rest was cash. I bought it for 135k and now it looks like its worth maybe 80-85k. Well this attorney said he would file a no asset case and not disclose the property because its in a protected IRA...I kept asking him..."what about the other 65% thats cash.. Well he didnt think that would be a problem.
          Guess what it very well is and that could of landed me (and him) in the pokie...He still owes me 200. that I'll probably never see...

Comment

BUt how can they deny these balance transfers? It clear it went to another creditor and not cash to me. Besides that I make less than the means now and I have nothing left. What can they take from me when there is nothing left.. No assets, No Money, Nothing?

Comment

I guess as others would call you..."judgement profe" geez I must be tired I cant even spell proof...lo

Comment

You should wait 6 months or longer, depending on how much it was and if you paid on it.

And it doesn't matter if you take money from one to pay another.

If you are under the median, then you shouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
                  BUt how can they deny these balance transfers? It clear it went to another creditor and not cash to me. Besides that I make less than the means now and I have nothing left. What can they take from me when there is nothing left.. No assets, No Money, Nothing?
                  Even if they can't get anything from you, you case could be open for months while they sort everything out. Unless there's a reason why waiting will cause you trouble, it's worth waiting so your case can be relatively smooth and quick instead of complicated and drawn out. Even if the end result is successful, you'd prefer not to be in Bankruptcy limbo any longer than necessary.

...or so it seems to me.
                  Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

Since my Amex is pay in full.. $150k, I have not made this payment. I do not know how long I would have before they sue me before I am protected by bankruptcy protection.

Comment

Is this a business debt or personal?

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
                      Since my Amex is pay in full.. $150k, I have not made this payment. I do not know how long I would have before they sue me before I am protected by bankruptcy protection.

Comment

Business but I am a sole prop so I am responsible.

Comment

dont understand your post...AX is paid if full 150k havent made a payment????? If its paid in full that means to me you dont have a bal or owe anything. Do you mean you owe AX 150k? AX is brutal, I owe them less than 1k and they are all over me like a wet rag...And stopped me from using my 2 cards after missing two payments (actually 1 missed the first one I paid them 100.00 but it wasnt enough for those jerks)

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
                            dont understand your post...AX is paid if full 150k havent made a payment????? If its paid in full that means to me you dont have a bal or owe anything. Do you mean you owe AX 150k? AX is brutal, I owe them less than 1k and they are all over me like a wet rag...And stopped me from using my 2 cards after missing two payments (actually 1 missed the first one I paid them 100.00 but it wasnt enough for those jerks)
                            He means he has to pay it in full.
                            Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                            341 Oct 8 2008
                            Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Originally posted by BROKENN View Post
                              He means he has to pay it in full.
                              Yes, Last months payment due was $150k, and I only managed to pay them $120k short $30k and they froze the account so no more charges but with new charges its still at around $150k total owed. Amex needs to be paid in full monthly so there is no minimum payment so I cant say I will pay $3000 a month they want it all.

Comment

AMEX today called my phone and left a message asking me to call because there are new charges to my account they want to verify. I logged into my account online there are no new charges, they even lie!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X