US Trustee unable to determine abuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Trustee unable to determine abuse?

Another case that caught my attention as I listened waiting for my 341 meeting had this posted on PACER...

09/22/2008 Having reviewed the documents, if any, filed by the debtor and any additional documents provided to the United States Trustee, the United States Trustee is currently unable to determine whether the debtor's case would be presumed to be an abuse under Section 707(b) of the Bankruptcy Code. Filed by U.S. Trustee.

Is there a 10 day time limit where the US Trustee has to make a determination?

I keep watching this case because it's a mess and I'm fascinated to see how it turns out. I posted some details on a thread I started about my 341 Meeting. My own 60 days seems to be quietly slipping bye.
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

I'm thinking that it's probably because the Debtor/Attorney hasn't filed all the documents required. The Trustee has 10 days to say "something".

According to the Code, they have 30 days, after having made the Statement, to file a motion to Dismiss or Convert. So, the clock is ticking.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X