top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed with attorney, now need to do without? How get rid of on record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed with attorney, now need to do without? How get rid of on record?

Hi all. I filed my Ch 7 with an attorney. He's been helpful, but as my case grows in complexity he needs to charge more and more. I feel confident and hav eno choice but to now "go it alone" with the US Trustee. How do I un-do the fact that I have an attorney? Is there some paperwork I need to file with the court in order to say I am now Pro Se?

Thanks.

Originally posted by happy_ira View Post
    Hi all. I filed my Ch 7 with an attorney. He's been helpful, but as my case grows in complexity he needs to charge more and more. I feel confident and hav eno choice but to now "go it alone" with the US Trustee. How do I un-do the fact that I have an attorney? Is there some paperwork I need to file with the court in order to say I am now Pro Se?

Thanks.
    Since your lawyer "filed an appearance" only he can "withdraw" from the case. You can't withdraw him.

So, you need to ask your lawyer to withdraw and to submit a notice of withdrawal with the court.

I'm not sure, in your District, if you need to file an appearance as now being pro se. That, I can't answer.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Unless your attorney already filed your petition you probably can dump him/her at any time by advising him/her that you decided to change your mind about filing. Probably will not reimburse you for your initial downpayment or even final payment.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X