Do I notify Landlord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I notify Landlord?

Do I need to tell my lanlord that I filed banckruptcy? I had to list my lease in the filing forms, then again on my intentions form.
    But, Im not late in rent nor do I intend to end my lease.

That sounds like you'd be opening a can of worms. I would let dead dogs ly. I'd keep your own business to yourself and not rock the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
      That sounds like you'd be opening a can of worms. I would let dead dogs ly. I'd keep your own business to yourself and not rock the boat.
      I agree with the above. No need to complicate matters. You are paying and that is what he cares about. If he receives some type of notice just tell him this ensures I will be able to continue to cover my rent.

Comment

I also agree, I wouldn't mention it unless asked
        Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
        341 Oct 8 2008
        Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

Really, dont tell her? I seen some people added their lanlord to their creditor matrix. I did not.
          The way I interrperted Form 1 as a tenant, was that you only had to notify the lanlord if you had to break the lease, owed back rent, or had a judgement.

The landlord is listed on schedule G and again on Form 8.

Will ther courts contact her?

Comment

Landlords are not creditors. You either pay your monthly rent on time or you will get evicted.
            The listing of the landlord on schedlue G and form 8, is probably the amount of rent and who you're paying it to.

Comment

Why do you have to contact the landlord if you have a judgment? What business is it of theirs if you do or not? All they care is you paying their mortgage for them. I just hate renting because you get no tax write-off's. I write off $10k/yr. where if I was renting, I could not write off any of my rent.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                Why do you have to contact the landlord if you have a judgment? What business is it of theirs if you do or not? All they care is you paying their mortgage for them. I just hate renting because you get no tax write-off's. I write off $10k/yr. where if I was renting, I could not write off any of my rent.
                In regards to "judgement" I meant if the lanlord was suing a tenant for back rent.

Comment

Originally posted by KP1980 View Post
                  In regards to "judgement" I meant if the lanlord was suing a tenant for back rent.
                  Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X