Buying a car and short sale of house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a car and short sale of house

I filed for 7 in Sept. The only thing I want to keep is the house. I owe 100K and the the house is work 100-125K. So my exemption is OK. (I am married but filing seperately, reasons that I don't want to go in to but, he is not trustworthy)

I bought a car today. a 99 dodge caravan. paid 300 bucks. I know I will inform my attorney, but will this cause any problem???

I filed with no vehicle.

Also on this short sale stuff. My mortgage is both our names. I plan to reaffirm. I'm about 2 weeks late with Countrywide.

I am in the house. He is not allowed here.

I want eventually, to have him sign a quit claim deed. All of the CC was in my name.

Can I actually buy my house back? Currently rate is 6.0 After BK can I get this place back under my name alone?

I have a handicap son that the state has put about 8k into making this place safe for him. I am eligible for section 8, but would they really want to place
    me in a place that they would have to pay more $$ for.

Just looking for suggestions... Thanks!

Did you have your 341 meeting already? If so, don't worry about the $300 you spent on a car. I don't even think $300 would show up on the radar, and it's quite possibly now converted to an exempt asset... but that's another story.

As far as the quit claim... Perhaps, after your discharge, maybe the Bank will allow you to refinance by only changing the name on the home, after your husband files the Quit Claim (QC) on the residence. You'll probably have to qualify though, for the loan. If your dumb husband's credit and income were used to get it in the first place, this could pose some trouble.

I don't understand your reference to a short sale.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My re to a short sale is because we both are on the mortgage, can I buy it back on a short sale?

I would like to keep this house. I don't have an official appraisal. (real estate agent) BK lawyer said ok.

I have what it would sell today. The BK lawyer told me that was fine.

My 341 meeting is 11/7.l

As far as my dumb H credit. Mine was perfect BF he left. I am putting in my 7 most of his debt.

He left with 1k of CC debt. Which was a pool table that I have. Oh and He bought a truck under his name he only owes 1 k left.
      Last edited by Marymom; 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

Comment

dumb H is also on the CC's ?
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

No, actually he pursuaded me to put all of his CC debt on my CC debt. You see I had the better credit card offers.

He did this about 3-4 months b4 he left.

We were in trouble b4 he left, but unfortunately I didn't figure that out until after he left.

It was planned on his part. I didn't see this til much later.

Comment

Originally posted by Marymom View Post
            No, actually he pursuaded me to put all of his CC debt on my CC debt. You see I had the better credit card offers.

He did this about 3-4 months b4 he left.

We were in trouble b4 he left, but unfortunately I didn't figure that out until after he left.

It was planned on his part. I didn't see this til much later.
            Wow, in your divorce decree you should go after him. He basically knew he was leaving, right? Then ran up credit cards... how pedestrian (and typical).

BTW, I'm a guy. I just couldn't do that to someone I even hated.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X