Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee & Bank Statements

Hello,

My 341 is coming up this next Tuesday. My attorney called and the only thing he says I need to bring is my SS card and license. Will a trustee probably end up asking me to turn in my bank statements or would I have already known to before the 341, meaning I won't end up having to show any statements? I never had to show any when I filed.

Did your attorney ever ask you for copies of your bank statements? Mine asked me for 6 months worth and then the UST asked for 24 months worth after that..

Comment

Nope, he never asked me anything about bank statements. Just how much I maintain in there normally.

Comment

no need to bring bank statments DL and ss card thats it.
        poor Jessegirl you 'll be ok
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks for the input!

Comment

I would bring them, just in case. My trustee ended up asking me for mine showing the balance on the day that I filed. He also out of the blue, asked me what I spent my income tax return on. All I could do was stare at him because I was completely caught off guard. Bring them anyways, you can never be too prepared. Better to have them, then to hold things up.
            Filed: 6/24/07
            341: 7/24/07
            Discharged: 10/07/07
            Still waiting for closing, NOW trustee wants the tax rebate on top of my refund. Jerk

Comment

We did not have to produce any bank statements before, during or after the 341. No one was asked for them during the day of our 341, and we sat through 100 meetings. It depends on your district. Your attorney is a pretty good judge of what is normal for your district/area/trustee. I asked him anyway, as I had read here that it was common to produce bank statements at the 341. He said no and he was right.
              Filed BK (Ch. 7) 6/2/08
              Discharged!! 9/24/08
              Closed..the end! 10/1/08

Comment

We were requested to bring statements, lawyer said bring statements and I brought 2 months worth (between file and 341). The trustee never even glanced at my hand holding the folders...
                Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
                341 Oct 8 2008
                Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

This thread is a classic example of what some people have to do and some don't when it comes to a BK experience. When in doubt about your own personal situation, follow your own attorney's instructions.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

statements

My attorney asked me to bring 3 months statements prior to filing, and the statements for after filing. The trustee did ask for them, glanced at them for about 3 seconds per month and handed them back to me.
                    9/5/2008 Chapter 7 Filed
                    10/14/2008 341 Hearing held
                    12/16/2008 Discharge granted!
                    12/29/08 Case Closed!

Comment

Thanks for your personal examples. I think I will just print out one for the month I filed for the heck of it and carry it with me and produce it if they ask. I appreciate all the help I have received on these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                        This thread is a classic example of what some people have to do and some don't when it comes to a BK experience. When in doubt about your own personal situation, follow your own attorney's instructions.
                        I agree Flamingo. You're paying the attorney, follow his/her instructions
                        pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                        filed ch7 6-12
                        341 7-25
                        Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X