Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amending petition to add creditors

Hi,

I forgot a couple of creditors when I filed my petition. I would like to wait until my 341 meeting to file the amendment in case I need to make other changes per the trustee.

My question is if I should go ahead and send the creditors the Notice of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Case, Meeting of Creditors and Deadlines and file a notice of Certificate of Service on Added Creditors with the court now and then amend Schedule F after the 341 meeting.

Thanks
    10/01/2008 Filed Ch 7 pro se -Equifax FICO 488
    11/21/2008 341 Meeting, 01/20/2009 Deadline for Objections
    What does not kill me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche, 1888

another thread on this topic

http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.php?t=20503

good luck
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks but still unclear

Thanks for the link. I did find the info that I could amend after the 341 but my questions is about notifying the creditors. Do I need to go ahead and send them the notice of the meeting of creditors and file a certificate of service or will the BK clerk notify them automatically when I amend the petition? The reason I ask is because my local court has a specific Certificate of Service on Added Creditors that is for the debtor/debtor attorney to file.
      10/01/2008 Filed Ch 7 pro se -Equifax FICO 488
      11/21/2008 341 Meeting, 01/20/2009 Deadline for Objections
      What does not kill me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzsche, 1888

Comment

Originally posted by IndyKevIsBroke View Post
        Thanks for the link. I did find the info that I could amend after the 341 but my questions is about notifying the creditors. Do I need to go ahead and send them the notice of the meeting of creditors and file a certificate of service or will the BK clerk notify them automatically when I amend the petition? The reason I ask is because my local court has a specific Certificate of Service on Added Creditors that is for the debtor/debtor attorney to file.
        The bankruptcy court will notify the creditors. I sent amended schedules to the court 2 weeks before I discharged............all you have to do is make sure that you attach an address list for each creditor in addition to the amended schedules and the $26 fee

Comment

Amending Petition to Add Creditors

I am confused about this particular thread. I thought you had to amend the creditor matrix, Schedule F and record Proof of Service to all new creditors, is this not needed?

Comment

It can vary by jurisdiction, but anytime I amend to add creditors, I ALWAYS send them a copy of the notice of Creditors Meeting. This is required even if it is after the date.

Better safe than sorry.

Good Luck
            Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X