Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I discharged?

Yesterday was my discharge date...

however, a few weeks ago I got letters from four of my creditors objecting to the discharge (citing charges made about 5 months prior to filing - they say fraudulent, but they weren't).

My attorney ignored the letters, and our discharge date passed with no apparent action from the creditors (sigh). However, I am told that until the clerk actually files the discharge, one or all of the banks can still object and take a position as "Adversary".

Questions:
    1) has anyone experienced this?
    2) how likely is it they will follow up? (one bank is Chase, who I hear is aggressive)
    3) how will I know that the discharge has actually been filed by the clerk? (my attorney says it will take a couple of weeks...I don't want to keep checking every day, and don't know how/where to check anyway).

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Do you have a PACER account? If so, you can go online and check yourself. There are informational links on what PACER is and how to get an account under the General Bankruptcy Talk heading, I believe.

You will eventually get a paper document with the Discharge Order in the mail, too.

Here is the PACER link:

Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-28-2008, 04:32 PM. Reason: Added the link
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X