Economy and job market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economy and job market

Ok so what the heck is going on with this job market? It's nearly impossible to get a job now a days! I have applied for a ton of positions in which I have superior, proven, track record results in. No wonder why the BK percentage is up! Is anyone else having these effects? My line of work is mortgage, banking and sales. Please help me.

Originally posted by jack81 View Post
    Ok so what the heck is going on with this job market? It's nearly impossible to get a job now a days! I have applied for a ton of positions in which I have superior, proven, track record results in. No wonder why the BK percentage is up! Is anyone else having these effects? My line of work is mortgage, banking and sales. Please help me.
    I used to be able to get a job, without even asking. Now, I've applied for several executive positions and the people are real picky these days. Before I was generally overqualified. Now they just want the cheapest. (I'm not cheap... but, alas, I will go cheap when push comes to shove.)

While I do consulting in the financial services area, I'll say that that has all dried up. There's nothing to be had in Banking or Mortgages. There are so many people flooding the job pool (from layoffs) that it's impossible, unless you know someone (the hiring manager).

I know it's bad out there when I am unemployable. I decided to stick with my employer of 10 years. I had applied for a position and was about to be hired, and they closed the position right after I moved to take the job (yeah, long story).

A friend was relaying to me that in Rhode Island, a new hotel was being opened. They had about 55 new positions. They had some 5,000 applicants. That's a sad indicator of the economy. I found the URL (http://www.projo.com/business/conten...7.3223628.html)
    Last edited by justbroke; 11-14-2008, 09:51 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

banking

Banking in the South Dakota market is good....there are jobs to be had. I have several head hunters calling about postions. The only problem is they are looking for 5 - 10 years experience in which I don't have yet. But my job is safe so I have time to gain that experience....Not sure where your located though.....

Comment

Originally posted by jack81 View Post
        i would think your line of work is a tough market right now as it is at the center of the economic crisis. can you diversify in your job search? take the skills and experience you have acquired in that field and switch ladders; apply that skill and experience to another, less troubled, career field? though that can be difficult in that the entire job market is somewhat affected, there are still jobs out there.

good luck!
        Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
        (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

I believe it's because the job market is flooded with applicants currently. I have filled out several applications and most all employers want it done on the internet. To me, that's just another application with no face to it. Typical sales person However, I am trying to switch my line of work. I'm in FL right now.

Comment

I feel your pain

I`ve been unemployed since 07, i`m a mortgage pro in the NY-NJ area and I have gone through a lot of temp agencies, retail jobs, interviews. I even had an interview wherein they pulled my credit which is currently going down the toilet and told me that if I have to be considered for the job, I have to show proof that I have satisfied my debts, I could go on and on. I have gone through several emotions from fighting through this and that, denial, and I have raised my hands up in the air and wave the white flag. I will be filing soon and will leave the U.S. I am fortunate to have family overseas to fall back to. Good luck to all

Comment

The job market in my area is still going good. Healthcare is the biggest job market right now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X