UPDATE on pre-employment background check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE on pre-employment background check

I previously posted that I was offered a great new job and I was worried about the BK showing up on the backgound check. I start my new job on Wed. Yeahhhhhhhhhh.....

When I signed the authorization paper to allow them to do the background check, there was a little box that I checked stating that I wanted a copy of the report.

I received my copy in the mail yesterday, and posted right in the middle of the page, was that I had filed for Chapter 7. It shows the date filed, as well as my attorneys name.

I wanted to share this info with everyone because hopefully it will encourage others, that even though we have filed BK, we aren't criminals and are still hireable! I was just hired to manage a large hotel, with a very familiar franchise name.....and NO just because I work for them doesn't mean I know Paris....hehehehehe
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Well glad to hear that. good luck in your new job
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Yes, that is great news. It gives the rest of us hope. Thanks for the update. I do hope you enjoy the new job.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Wow! Thanks for sharing that! Always good to hear encouraging words!

Good luck in your new job!
        Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
        341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
        Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
        Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Congratulations
          Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
          Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

whew!!!
            Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
            (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Excellent news. Does anyone have firsthand information about being hired in the areas of finance and banking with a BK on record?

Comment

Originally posted by InDebtNeedHelp View Post
                Excellent news. Does anyone have firsthand information about being hired in the areas of finance and banking with a BK on record?
                There have been several postings in the recent past on this...have you done a forum search on here? Briefly, banks, financial institutes and businesses where you would be handling cash/accounts/checks, etc. are hard to get into with a BK on your record and/or really bad credit. That does not mean it is impossible; most want to prevent embezzlement of any sort and protect themselves by really checking out prospective employees. The mindset is that if one has bad credit/BK, they would be more prone to embezzle/steal from their employer. Every day we see articles in the paper about people getting caught doing this by setting up varoius accounts inhouse, stealing incoming checks,, etc., etc. While many of us know we would never do that, that does not prevent the employer from taking precautions and hiring the next candidate with similar qualifications and a clean record. Many places now fingerprint also and you will always be advised prior to hiring that you will be subject to a criminal background check, credit check and possible drug testing prior to being actually hired.

Do a search on here and you will find lots of information. I personally have knowledge of some people not hired due to BK on their records by a major financial institution at which I did consulting work back in the 90s. I've also worked closely with HR Depts. It is the right of the banks/financial institutions, etc. to protect themselves and they don't have to hire you if you have a bad credit record.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

congrats relief on the good news
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Congrats! Of course we aren't criminals. It's a stupid double standard that it's ok for big business to file ch 11 but it's not ok for us to file bk. And I think more and more, especially in this economy - filing is becoming less of a stigma.
                    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                    341 July 1, 2008
                    Discharged September 4, 2008
                    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X