Filing paycheck stubs and tax forms with trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing paycheck stubs and tax forms with trustee

We have filed and they said we had everything we needed. Now they say we must bring the paycheck stubs and tax forms for the last two years to the trustee. That is finebut he was hateful and would not tell us what form we have to take to the court saying we have done this. We have to do it by Dec 1. Does anyone know what this form is?

Originally posted by mole View Post
    We have filed and they said we had everything we needed. Now they say we must bring the paycheck stubs and tax forms for the last two years to the trustee. That is finebut he was hateful and would not tell us what form we have to take to the court saying we have done this. We have to do it by Dec 1. Does anyone know what this form is?
    I don't really udnerstand your question.

What you're required to submit to the Trustee are your last three year's tax returns. That would be form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and any 1040-X you may have filed.

You will also need to bring paystubs for the last six months. (This may vary by District.)

When you submitted your petition (Bankruptcy papers), it should have already included last two years of taxes and last six months of paystubs. If this is what they are referring to, then you need to file these with the Court. The court automatically enters into the protected area of the docket (your case).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

tax forms and pay stubs

That is where we went wrong. We filed for ourselves and did not know we had to submit those to the court. Thanks so much. We will do that Monday. You are a great help.

Comment

Originally posted by mole View Post
        That is where we went wrong. We filed for ourselves and did not know we had to submit those to the court. Thanks so much. We will do that Monday. You are a great help.
        It is very important that those are filed with the Court no later than the 15th day after you filed your petition. If you fail to do that, your case will automatically dismiss.

Remember, you can ALWAYS ask the Clerk's office any question regarding procedure, amending your schedules, submitting motions, and anything else. They are there to help! What they can't do, is answer questions of law, or give legal advice.

TO BE SURE, I would also mail a copy of the same (paystubs and tax returns), to the Trustee's office.

I wish the best for you in your pro se case!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X