Cable and internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable and internet

I thought I read somewhere that if you were thinking about filing for bk you should have you cable cut off and internet because it is considered to be luxury expenses? Am I reading this wrong?

We have always entered cable and internet on the expenses. The trustees have never said a word about it.

Comment

There is space for it on the expense sheet...

We need internet here because we need it to job search and I have a sewing business and need to be able to work on my website.

I never heard that before honestly.

Comment

I think it depends upon your district trustee. My trustee was ok with internet - but not with cable or sat tv!! LOL.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

we have the basic reception only cable... can't imagine it would be an issue. We have to have some sort of cable we were told to get our internet.

Comment

TV for emergency broadcasts and Phone over Internet would make me think those things are not luxuries. Unless you have pricey premium packages, I don't see how they could call those luxuries.

Comment

I just thought of something else. We all have cell phones. My wife and I have black berry's and both children have a cell. We pay $250 a month. Do they give you any issues with those?

Comment

You are in MN right? Like I have stated before, the MN trustees we have come in contact with have not had issues with those services, including cell phones.

Edited: You are not from MN, I don't know why I thought that. Still, I don't think that cable/internet/cell phones should be an issue anyway.
                Last edited by Tbornetun; 12-06-2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: Because I am a moron

Comment

Guess I don't have to flinch over our 120.00 a month cell phone bill... 250.00 wow.

Comment

I know we need to cut down on our bill. The first to go will be the internet usage the kids use which I know they will say "i am killing them"

Comment

Must have TV Cable. Until 4/09, all TV broadcast over the air (antenna) will be terminated, and ALL trustees will/must accept TV cable bill.

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                        Must have TV Cable. Until 4/09, all TV broadcast over the air (antenna) will be terminated, and ALL trustees will/must accept TV cable bill.
                        Not true, you just need a converter box for a non-digital set to accept the new signals. And those boxes can be purchased at a discount (or free if you qualify) from the government.

Comment

I have direct TV

Comment

Seriously if I ever had to cut off my cable...thats 99% of my entertainment. My DVR is my lifeline..sad no life but you take away my DVR and thats if for me....

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                              Well, no you don't.

All broadcast go to digital in Feb. but if you use an antenna and have an older TV set you can get a converter box for it. They run about $45.00 bucks each but you can get a coupon for 2 per household worth $40.00 each.

I was getting 8 channels before I hooked up the converter and now receive 33 - some of which are High Dev.

Most of them are stuff I would never watch but several of them are good ones I did not get before.

Check the sites that rate the converter boxes - there is a BIG difference in them. - jb
                              jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                              Filed - 2/27/09
                              341 - 4/3/09
                              Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X