No announcement yet.

Cable and internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good advice. For those who don't have old TV sets now but new LCD set, just say to trustee that you could not buy or find any old TV anywhere to go with converter box anymore, so you must use cable TV as an option?

Comment

The new ones don't need a box or cable. That is not an argument.

Comment

The main probelm with antennas is if you live in a Home Owners association that bans them in their neighborhood or if you live in an apartment. Good luck with indoor antennas, they are worthless in my area.

Comment

I don't see a trustee having issues with cable as an expense anyway. They don't around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
            I don't see a trustee having issues with cable as an expense anyway. They don't around here.

Thats good to know.

MN Buddy LOL
            FILED CH7: 03/20/09
            341: May 11th, 2009
            DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

They must want to punish us by Cutting our T.V. and Internet out. We are still Humans i will crazy if they cut out that.

What next cut out having Electric.

Comment

LOl you are not in debtor prison you can keep your cable and internet access it's jsut not an allowed expense on your forms.
                Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                341 09/17/2008
                Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
                  LOl you are not in debtor prison you can keep your cable and internet access it's jsut not an allowed expense on your forms.
                  So we can have it just don't list it? I thought others said they were not questioned for having it?
                  FILED CH7: 03/20/09
                  341: May 11th, 2009
                  DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

You can list it. It won't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
                      You can list it. It won't be a problem.
                      Ditto
                      9/16/08 - Filed Chapter 7
                      10/20/08 - 341 Meeting
                      12/19/08 - Last Day for Creditor Objections
                      1/5/09 - Discharge Order; 1/13/09 Case Closed!!!

Comment

We listed $65 for satellite tv and no problems with that. Without the satelitte tv we would have almost no reception at all. One of the joys of living in the country.

We also listed a $225 cell phone bill and not a peep from the trustee about that. The $225 includes 2 phones and our internet service. We don't have a house phone.

TS

Comment

Originally posted by mintz View Post
                          I thought I read somewhere that if you were thinking about filing for bk you should have you cable cut off and internet because it is considered to be luxury expenses? Am I reading this wrong?
                          As long as these expenses aren't over the top, no one cares.

ep
                          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

We will see what happens. I just started working with a lawyer.

Cable, internet, and home telephone is about $140
                            Cell phone is $79

I need the cell phone for work and required to have internet access for work.

I am cutting back my premium stations on cable.

Break down is about the following:
                            Home telephone $39.99
                            Internet $45.00
                            Cable $60 (after a discount for all 3 services)

Cell is a blackberry with internet service - $79 a month

I thought about canceling my home phone but would lose the discount for all 3 services and basically would only save about $15. Plus I do not always get good cell service at home. Also, when I am forced to work from home I can be on the phone 5 hours a day for work calls which would eat up my minutes.

Comment

Well, I am a CH 7, no asset.
                              My trustee doesn't like DirecTV or Dish (no satalite). So I cut that out.

However, I have internet, free long distance and two lines (because I work out of the house) and it runs a good $160/month.
                              Plus cell phone (smartphone - Treo) also used for work: $179/mth

Not one word was said at either 341 regarding the phone or internet usage.
                              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Just include them in your utilities expense total.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X