top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my case be CLOSED after DISCHARGE if they are still waiting on tax return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my case be CLOSED after DISCHARGE if they are still waiting on tax return?

We are scheduled to be discharged on Jan. 31, but have to provide a copy of tax return to the trustee. Should I expect that our case will remain open until she receives the copy of our tax return? We are ano asset case, and our tax refund goes to back due child support , but we live in Kansas, where nothing seems to be exempt.

Originally posted by DopeyDwarf View Post
    We are scheduled to be discharged on Jan. 31, but have to provide a copy of tax return to the trustee. Should I expect that our case will remain open until she receives the copy of our tax return? We are ano asset case, and our tax refund goes to back due child support , but we live in Kansas, where nothing seems to be exempt.
    Once the Trustee issues the final report, the only thing which prevents an auto-discharge and auto-close are flags on your case.

You can view the flags in PACER under Case Summary.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

So if I am looking at 'Case Summary', and don't see any category saying 'flags', as of right now, there are none, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyDwarf View Post
        So if I am looking at 'Case Summary', and don't see any category saying 'flags', as of right now, there are none, right?
        I think it should at least read "MeansNo". It's not the absence of flags... it's what type of flags are there. There are a couple of "Ineligible for Auto Close" (and one for Discharge too), which are the biggest. Then other things, like Debtor Education and other similar things which will prevent a discharge (automatic or otherwise).

Example, mine reads...

Flags: DebtEdDue
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My page doesn't have the word 'flags' anywhere on it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X