Wow that didn't take long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that didn't take long...

Filed on Friday - calls started coming in on Tuesday and I checked my credit report - there it is "voluntary bankruptcy"

I'm hearing from collections I haven't heard from in years. What's the point of them calling? To try to get me to not include them in the bankruptcy? I haven't answered I just let it go to voicemail.
    12/05/08 - filed pro se
    01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
    04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
    6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
    Filed on Friday - calls started coming in on Tuesday and I checked my credit report - there it is "voluntary bankruptcy"

I'm hearing from collections I haven't heard from in years. What's the point of them calling? To try to get me to not include them in the bankruptcy? I haven't answered I just let it go to voicemail.
    I don't even understand the sudden rash of calls. They aren't alloweed to call you if they KNOW OR REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that you filed!!!

Absolutely absurd!
    Last edited by justbroke; 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That happened to me for about 1 week and then they all stopped... Maybe they haven't been notified yet. If they do not stop then tell your attorney if you have one.

Comment

No attorney, I filed pro se. I'm numb to collectors now so I'm not stressed out about it. I just found it amusing that they started calling right after I filed for bankruptcy. These are local creditors so they probably got their notice yesterday. One who called this morning is only a $67 balance so they probably thought they could get that out of me and not have it discharged. Sorry, chapter 7 means I have *no money*!
        12/05/08 - filed pro se
        01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
        6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Another wow... got my check stub today for my Friday payday... NO WAGE GARNISHMENT! Aaaaahhhh what a weight lifted from my shoulders! I can't believe there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel now. I've always tried to believe there was one and keep optimistic but now I can actually see it!
          12/05/08 - filed pro se
          6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X