Anyone file on gas cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone file on gas cards?

Did you keep using them? Up until you filed? Or when was your last gas purchase before filig and did they question it? Its gas so its a much needed expense. But has anyone had the trustee question it?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

no you ned to stop using CCs before you file. start learning to use cash since after filing thats how you will be paying for things
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
      Did you keep using them? Up until you filed? Or when was your last gas purchase before filig and did they question it? Its gas so its a much needed expense. But has anyone had the trustee question it?
      Momof3b1g - I stopped charging on my cards many months before filing - in fact you have to not charge for at least 90 days before filing. All debt has to be listed - all of it. Even gas cards. I even turned in my zero balance cards. Think of BK as an all or nothing situation.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes we are putting all of our debt in the bk. But we are putting all our money into the bk. We also had to pay $350 for an appraisal. We have people threatening to sue/garnish wages etc. We don't have much time to wait.
        DH drives 30 miles each way to work and we need gas money.

Comment

Yes we are putting all of our debt in the bk. But we are putting all our money into the bk. We also had to pay $350 for an appraisal. We have people threatening to sue/garnish wages etc. We don't have much time to wait.
          how long before you file?
          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
          341 09/17/2008
          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

If you've stopped paying all debt you wish to discharge and you still can't provide for basic living expeneses you're in deep trouble and it's hard to see how bk is going to give you any relief. Once you file, you'll have no access to credit for sometime to come. How will you fill up the gas tank then?

Comment

next month

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
                If you've stopped paying all debt you wish to discharge and you still can't provide for basic living expeneses you're in deep trouble and it's hard to see how bk is going to give you any relief. Once you file, you'll have no access to credit for sometime to come. How will you fill up the gas tank then?

I don't want to sound rude but we just stopped paying this week. We have paid the lawyer $950 and $350 for an appraisal. We also need to pay the lawyer another $950 so they can file. We both get paid this week, but dh needs gas tonight.
                Why wouldn't bk give us any relief?

Comment

Filling up the gas tank should not really be an issue. As long as it is under $50 you should be fine but stop using them as soon as you can.
                  Last edited by shabam; 12-17-2008, 07:22 PM.
                  My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                  posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

stop paying the debt and stop using the card and don't worry about being sued
                    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                    341 09/17/2008
                    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I wouldn't risk having the whole case dismissed for a tank of gas.
                      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
                      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
                      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                        Momof3b1g - I stopped charging on my cards many months before filing - in fact you have to not charge for at least 90 days before filing. All debt has to be listed - all of it. Even gas cards. I even turned in my zero balance cards. Think of BK as an all or nothing situation.
                        Is that the law-the 90 day thing? I am wondering because I had a dillards card I charged on in October 29th. But I plan on paying it off on Jan. 14th. So, I would not have to worry about that?>

Comment

Originally posted by TEW View Post
                          stop paying the debt and stop using the card and don't worry about being sued
                          This all started last month. We had already paid some of our bills before deciding to file. We are worried about being sued, as we have two accounts 3 yrs past due. We don't know how soon they will freeze our accounts or garnish wages. We have been living on cc's for a long time. Dh's income has had its ups and downs. We would like to wait til like Feb or March to file. But not sure we have that much time. If i knew they would stop further judgements since we have retained a lawyer, i would feel better. But i would also not like to drag this out any longer then needed. I thought as long as the purchases were not large or luxury purchases there was not a problem with them. Once we get the lawyer paid and stop paying the debt we are discharging we can recover and start using cash. But we have to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
                            Is that the law-the 90 day thing? I am wondering because I had a dillards card I charged on in October 29th. But I plan on paying it off on Jan. 14th. So, I would not have to worry about that?>
                            How much do you owe on it? If you pay back too much it may be considered a preferential payment.
                            My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                            posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
                              How much do you owe on it? If you pay back too much it may be considered a preferential payment.
                              I owe 334 but the Oct 25th purchase was for 70.00. The rest is from August purchases

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X