No announcement yet.

Anyone file on gas cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You shouldn't be using ANY credit card up until the time you file! Quit paying, quit using, and file in 90-180 days.

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
      I don't want to sound rude but we just stopped paying this week. We have paid the lawyer $950 and $350 for an appraisal. We also need to pay the lawyer another $950 so they can file. We both get paid this week, but dh needs gas tonight.
      Why wouldn't bk give us any relief?
      Bk won't help if, you can't support yourself post bk. You're going to learn one thing out of this. The filing is the easy part. WHat comes next is alot harder. Fixing the isues that led to the bk and learning to live on cash and on a budget. Who wants to go through this and still live paycheck to paycheck.
      I'd agree with a poster that said forget aout being sued-so what. If that happens, you just file. But, you've had plenty of time to stop paying debts you wish to discharge and use that money for living expenses. I just wouldn't be in a rush to file until I was sure I could live on a budget without access to creit. I don't think you're there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
        Bk won't help if, you can't support yourself post bk. You're going to learn one thing out of this. The filing is the easy part. WHat comes next is alot harder. Fixing the isues that led to the bk and learning to live on cash and on a budget. Who wants to go through this and still live paycheck to paycheck.
        I'd agree with a poster that said forget aout being sued-so what. If that happens, you just file. But, you've had plenty of time to stop paying debts you wish to discharge and use that money for living expenses. I just wouldn't be in a rush to file until I was sure I could live on a budget without access to creit. I don't think you're there yet.

Have you not been rewading my posts? I have had plenty of time to stop paying debts? The thought of bk just came up last month. I know how we got into this position, my dh lost his job 3 years ago. We have cc and medical bills from 3 yrs ago. (2 cc's are in collections and just now threatening to sue)He got a new job shortly after but at a large paycut. He did get a better paying job but with the economy it was up and down. All other bills are current. We didn't plan on filing bk this fast. But want to avoid any further actions by the CA/courts. We were also told that there would not be a problem if the charges were for needed expenses.
        FILED CH7: 03/20/09
        341: May 11th, 2009
        DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
          I owe 334 but the Oct 25th purchase was for 70.00. The rest is from August purchases
          You'll be fine. Stop using it asap though.

Worst case scenario, and I mean worst, you would have to pay it back. The likelihood of this is almost zero though as it would cost the creditor more to hire a lawyer and pursue it than write it off.
          Last edited by shabam; 12-18-2008, 01:24 PM.
          My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
          posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X