Snafu AFTER discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snafu AFTER discharge

So I filed chapter 7 and recieved a discharge in September. Yesterday for grins and giggles I pulled my credit to "see" how horrible it looked. Anyhows on Experian it says NO DEBT, no open accounts and basiclly bad payment history as it was all wrapped up in my BK. Anyhows my car loan shows included in bankruptcy, no last payment, amount owed nothing. Does not even show as an open installment. Long story short I filled out the paperwork(reaffirm) from my attorney back in August and even spoke with her about it afterwards, stupidly assuming all would be taken care of. Long story short no paperwork made it to be okayed by the judge for a reaffirm. My lender blames her, she puts the ball in their court and now I have a car I will not ever get credit for on my credit. The good part is I guess I could rebuild my credit score get something new and send it back and nothing they could do...That was not at all my intention as I stated I intended to keep it...Im a little annoyed...Thanks for listening
    Last edited by gymbofreak; 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM.
    04/25/08 Filed chap 7
    05/23/08 phone conference with trustee
    05/30/08 341 set
    07/29/08 Last day for objections

You were expecting that the Car credit line would report normally? That just doesn't happen as the Bankruptcy actually eliminated that debt.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I signed reaffirmation papers...so it would report properly...no?

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      You were expecting that the Car credit line would report normally? That just doesn't happen as the Bankruptcy actually eliminated that debt.
      04/25/08 Filed chap 7
      05/30/08 341 set

Comment

Originally posted by gymbofreak View Post
        I signed reaffirmation papers...so it would report properly...no?
        Not necessarily. You'd have to ask your lender what they do in that specific case.

Otherwise... such is Bankruptcy... c'est la bankruptcy.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Mine said it would report correctly...

Not necessarily. You'd have to ask your lender what they do in that specific case.

Otherwise... such is Bankruptcy... c'est la bankruptcy.
          04/25/08 Filed chap 7
          05/30/08 341 set

Comment

Mine said it would report correctly...
            Then file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies. If it still doesn't fix it... back to the lender!!!

Comment

Maybe my post was not clear..The paperwork never made it to the bankruptcy court(my lender blames attorney, attorney blames creditor). Thus My car was not affirmed and no way to change it as it is discharged and closed now.

Then file a dispute with the credit reporting agencies. If it still doesn't fix it... back to the lender!!!
              04/25/08 Filed chap 7
              05/30/08 341 set

Comment

Maybe my post was not clear..The paperwork never made it to the bankruptcy court(my lender blames attorney, attorney blames creditor). Thus My car was not affirmed and no way to change it as it is discharged and closed now.
                Yes, it wasn't clear. Yup... you basically lost that tradeline. As you said. maybe make them eat steel.

Comment

Thanks hun. Hey someone in another thread brought up that if it was included in a bankruptcy the lender could come get teh vehicle anytime if they wanted too. Well if thats the case...if I paid it off would I even get a title?

Yes, it wasn't clear. Yup... you basically lost that tradeline. As you said. maybe make them eat steel.
                  04/25/08 Filed chap 7
                  05/30/08 341 set

Comment

Thanks hun. Hey someone in another thread brought up that if it was included in a bankruptcy the lender could come get teh vehicle anytime if they wanted too. Well if thats the case...if I paid it off would I even get a title?
                    Title and ownership is always by underlying non-bankruptcy law. You get the title when the underlying debt is paid off. That's by operation of State law.

And yes, they can come and get it if they want. However, if you're paying, they probably will leave you alone. This is known as a "ride through".

Comment

is this still true even with credit unions--car loan & cc---

Comment

lawyers can be dumb....judges have to approve reaffs and generally they don't. Actually consider yourself lucky - if you can't pay you can give it up with no issues. You can rebuild in other ways.
                        Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                        341 July 1, 2008
                        Discharged September 4, 2008
                        Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Yes I agree!

Originally posted by danaf View Post
                          lawyers can be dumb....judges have to approve reaffs and generally they don't. Actually consider yourself lucky - if you can't pay you can give it up with no issues. You can rebuild in other ways.
                          04/25/08 Filed chap 7
                          05/30/08 341 set

Comment

make you it says on you CR that the debt is discharged not just IIB
                            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                            341 09/17/2008
                            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

I think everyone of my debts say IIB....I dont think any of them say discharged?Ok I just rechecked and I see some say IIB and some says IIB and discharged.

Originally posted by TEW View Post
                              make you it says on you CR that the debt is discharged not just IIB
                              Last edited by gymbofreak; 12-21-2008, 05:33 PM.
                              04/25/08 Filed chap 7
                              05/30/08 341 set

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X