I filed today, but have question about PACER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I filed today, but have question about PACER

I finaly did it. I kept putting this off but I finally went down there today and filed, I am so scared I hope I did the right thing, and I thank everyone here for all the replies when I was in doubt of something.

I just registered on PACER, that way I could keep track of my case. My question is, how do you view your case, it says they charge $.08 per page, that would add up to a lot if I viewed the whole petition, I just want to see a status, are you able to do that?
    Filed Chapter 7 Petition: 12/22/2008

341 Meeting: 1/23/2009

Originally posted by dr618 View Post
    I finaly did it. I kept putting this off but I finally went down there today and filed, I am so scared I hope I did the right thing, and I thank everyone here for all the replies when I was in doubt of something.

I just registered on PACER, that way I could keep track of my case. My question is, how do you view your case, it says they charge $.08 per page, that would add up to a lot if I viewed the whole petition, I just want to see a status, are you able to do that?
    yes in Pacer, click the QUERY link at the top. Then enter your case number or your SSN.

When you get to the next screen (still no charges), it has a case overview. If you want the summary and Status... click the Case Summary link. This will cost you $0.08 to look at it.

It will have flags and other information about your case status.

Other than that... stay away from querying the system.
    Last edited by justbroke; 12-23-2008, 12:29 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I just want to be sure I don't run up a bill by checking on there, but I won't, I just want to be on top of things.

Comment

Originally posted by dr618 View Post
        Thanks for the info, I just want to be sure I don't run up a bill by checking on there, but I won't, I just want to be on top of things.
        When you query your SSN and click "Run Query" you'll get a breif summary at the top of the screen showing your case number and some information. Below the summary is a list of things you can look at regarding your case.

If you pay attention to "Date of last Filing" at the top you'll see it change when new information has been posted. If it hasn't changed, don't click anything and logout because there's nothing new to see. If you only ever go this far you won't spend anything.

Code:
                    08-45921-mrj Mr. Keebler Elf and Mrs. Keebler Elf 
          Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Bankruptcy Judge: Mr. Judge
                   Date filed: 08/15/2008 Date discharged: 11/25/2008 
               Date terminated: 11/25/2008 Date of last filing: 11/27/2008 

Query
           Alias                    Trustee
           Associated Cases         Case File Location
           Attorney                 Claims Register
           Case Summary             Creditor Mailing Matrix
           Creditor
           Deadline/Schedule
           Docket Report ...
           Filers
           History/Documents
           Notice of Bankruptcy Case Filing
           Party
           Related Transactions
           Status
        The "Docket Report" shows the progression of your case along with links to all the documents and the flags people talk about. It'll cost $0.08 to see it at first and probably $0.16 as you get near discharge.

As I recall, the documents in your case give you a warning about how many pages they are. They're in PDF format and I downloaded each one to my computer and saved them.
        Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

When I log in to the website, I don't see a query tab, I se a log-in tab, and then when I log in and enter the SS number and it pulls up my case, it is telling me that I will be charged if I click on the link, I don't see any brief information before clicking on it

Comment

.08 to see your case. Worth it!!!

Click the ones Keebler told you and save to PDF. Then you pay once for your files.
            Filed C7 Aug 31 2008
            341 Oct 8 2008
            Discharged Dec 9 2008

Comment

I got it now, thanks. There isn't anything new yet since I just filed.

Comment

My lawyer printed out the whole petition in his office...
                filed chapter 7- dec 11, 2008
                341 meeting - jan. 21, 2009
                predischarge Education complete- Jan 28, 2009
                deadline for creditor objections- mar 23, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X