Tjos of you who filed ch13---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tjos of you who filed ch13---

what kind of payment are you required to pay monthly? if no one minds me asking. i am just wondering what if my husband got a promotion? what if our schedule j does not look worse than before filing? what kind of payment are we talking about for 5 years? how do they calculate that? is it your attorney that figures that or the trustee? i am just afraid we will be thrown into ch 13. we really do not make a lot of money and are probably over the means by no more than $5000 if that. but we eliminated all possible bills every month to stay afloat before all this and so if we were to qualify for ch7 we would not have a lot left after bills but we would not be in the negative per say either.
    Filed Jan 23rd, 2009
    341 meeting--February 24th--Went smooth
    :yahoo::yahoo:
    Discharged may 12th--had to call the court clerk!!:clapping::yahoo::yahoo::

sorry that should be "to those"
    Filed Jan 23rd, 2009
    341 meeting--February 24th--Went smooth
    :yahoo::yahoo:
    Discharged may 12th--had to call the court clerk!!:clapping::yahoo::yahoo::

Comment

First, you need to use the Means Testing calculator at Legal Consumer.

That will give you an idea of what you'll be paying into your plan. Much of the cost of paying into a plan is based on what secured property you have and are keeping, as well as what your allowances are. You can only determine this with the means test.

If you are above median and have the means (fail the test) and end up in a Chapter 13, then you'll have to use that Means Test to determine your disposable monthly income (DMI).

What I'm paying, is in my signature line below. Don't be afraid of it, because it's custom for my situation.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X