calls after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calls after discharge

OK, so why am I getting calls from Bank of America (or a collection agency) after discharge??????
    I have answered their calls twice and explained I filed BK and was already discharged. Before I can give them anymore info he/she hangs up on me. I have no idea if it is bank of america or a company they hired to contact me.

What should I do?????
    I haven't heard from them in MONTHS (since I retained a lawyer) and now they start calling again.

I was discharged this month.

Whenever any bill collector calls you...

FIRST, make them identify themselves with their full company name, who they represent, and their phone number. I won't talk to them unless they give me that info.

SECOND, inform them that you filed Bankruptcy and will provide the case number, that you're discharged, and consider this matter closed.

THIRD, record the information from Step One and notify your lawyer!

These scum Collection Agencies will keep doing this to discharged debtors because no one ever does anything about it.

Stand up for your rights!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just give them the case #, date of discharge and tell them to go **** themselves..
      If you google the article "Prisoners of Debt" you will note that creditors sell bad loans/accounts to collection goons WITHOUT distinguishing/noting that some were included/discharged in bankruptcies.

Comment

After my discharge, my atty told me that if ANYONE contacts me, I need to let her know immediately as this is a serious violation. Like above, find out who they are, give the pertinent info, and then notify your atty.
        9/03/08...Chapter 7 Filed
        10/06/08...341 Meeting Done!!! No Objections
        12/08/2008...Case Discharged and Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X