341 was today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was today

Got up, got dressed, got in car with DW. 35 miles down the highway and we're there. Spoke with our attorney briefly outside the US trustees office, as did 3 or 4 others that were his clients too.

We got to fill out a questionaire of all the normal stuff. Then it asks if we are getting a tax return refund and if so, how much. They are circle yes or no questions. I wrote in the middle "don't know." All other questions were very easy yes or no. The person next to us asks to borrow our pen when we're done. I know I'll never see it again.

Anyway, we're the 2nd case called in maybe 15 to 20 cases. We get sworn in, show our ID/SSN. All the basic questions about reading the petition, and everything is true and correct. We get asked if we rent, we said yes. They asked about our deposit for the house. We said we have none. They said, "how's that?" We said DW's dad is renting to us. They said thank you, you are excused.

Maybe 2 minutes and we're done. Holy cow, I couldn't believe it. $136,000 and change in unsecured debt, chapter 7, no asset, below median. No bank statements asked for or questions on how we got into such debt. I was expecting the worst. We were in central district court in California.

I'm not dancing or smiling yet, because Murphy's law could still very much be in effect. Count me as an active member in the 60 day club.

Oh yeah, I never did see that pen again, we were out of there so fast.

I'm so glad that your 341 wasn't stressful. Welcome to the 60-day Club.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Congratulations on an uneventful 341 and entering the beloved 60-day club.

I say beloved in the nicest way a Chapter 13 person can say it with a 60 month, all projected income, claims galore, high monthly payments, no more tax refunds, Trustee watching my every move, can't sell anything, Plan!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

welcome to the 60 day club
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Congrats on your 341 and welcome to the 60 day club. I suppose I am also a new member to the club. Our 341 was on 12/18 and all went smoothly until the end when one of our creditor's (my father) lawyer showed up and riddled us with stupid questions. Now I have to sweat it until 2/17, but good luck to you!

Comment

Excellent! Hope it's smooth sailing to discharge from here.

Comment

Congrats...to you and have a terrific New Years

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X