No announcement yet.

Fraud????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are not filing for 5-6 months then you should be fine with all the cards. Stop using, stop paying. Live on your own money, give the CC companies the finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
      If you are not filing for 5-6 months then you should be fine with all the cards. Stop using, stop paying. Live on your own money, give the CC companies the finger.
      LOL...I have been waiting for that day!

I won't be filing in 5-6 I will file in 3, but that $400 charge will be like....I guess 4-5 months old?

Comment

Then you are fine. Like I said before, make the creditor prove abuse. The charge is only $400 not over the $600 limit as the other posters referred to. Stop stressing and save your cash for you, screw the CC companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbornetun View Post
          Then you are fine. Like I said before, make the creditor prove abuse. The charge is only $400 not over the $600 limit as the other posters referred to. Stop stressing and save your cash for you, screw the CC companies.
          i need some clarification here... the over $600 thing- is that per credit card during the 90 days before filing? Or per use? So if an individual purchase on said card is $400 for groceries, and maybe a cell phone bill for $150, and car insurance for $500. Is that presumed abuse? I thought the $600 was per purchase.. We won't be filing until May - but we may need to distance further if it's per card. We're still making the minimum payments- at least through January. Any advice? Please!
          Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
          341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
          Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
          Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jribe View Post
            i need some clarification here... the over $600 thing- is that per credit card during the 90 days before filing? Or per use? So if an individual purchase on said card is $400 for groceries, and maybe a cell phone bill for $150, and car insurance for $500. Is that presumed abuse? I thought the $600 was per purchase.. We won't be filing until May - but we may need to distance further if it's per card. We're still making the minimum payments- at least through January. Any advice? Please!
            aggregateaggregate of cash advances exceeding $750 in the last 70 days.

The Bankruptcy Code goes further to define luxury;

"luxury goods or services" does not include goods or services reasonably necessary for the support or maintenance of the debtor or a dependent of the debtor.
            Hope that helps.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

After I saw three lawyers and made the decision to file for BK, I made a last equal payment of $20 each to all my 10 creditors (except mortgage and auto). This was around Oct end. Now waiting for 3-4 months to pass before I file in Feb or March '09. Waiting till March only so that my avg income for last 6 months can fall further since I also became unemployed in Nov and was slightly above the Ch 7 means test qualifying.

Comment

OP - while it's not exactly true what your attorney said, she is just playing it safe. 90 days may seem like a long time to wait but it really isn't. By the time you get all your paperwork together, and then the attorny does his/her part - it could take about that long, esp. with all the bk's going on now. Stop paying, wait the 90 days, and learn to live on your income. Patience is a good thing with bk, unless you've got garnishments which it doesn't sound like that is your situation at this point. And also, get a thick skin for when the calls start.....it will happen but it won't be the end of the world.
                Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                341 July 1, 2008
                Discharged September 4, 2008
                Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X