top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank Statements...did they look at yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Statements...did they look at yours?

In my BK info surfing, I have come across many post saying that a filer was told to give his attorney 6 mos. worth of bank statements. However, when they went to their 341, the Trustee looked at only the latest one or just the last two.

What was your experience with this?

I am asking because I received 9K from a relative last July and it worries me. I used the money to pay off two cc's but then max'd them out again because I had to use them for gas, taxes, utilities..on and...on. I bought NO luxuries at all......just trying to keep my head above water.

BTW...when I file, it will be 7 months since I received the money... withdrew it and paid the cards.

D...

My experience was that my attorney asked for 6 months of statements before we filed. I don't know what he handed over, but I assume just 90 days worth. We had some deposits into our acct that were not paychecks (money from medical reimbursements, money paid to us for our son's school fundraiser, etc..) and the UST got involved and wanted information and any proof (check stubs, letters of explanations) that we had to substantiate where the money came from. They assume you are trying to hide income if you don't have good proof for deposits like that.

just my experience & we are still in the midst of things so I can't say (yet) how things will play out.
    11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
    03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
    04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
    $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

I too provided 6 mos worth. Have no idea what they actually looked at. I wouldn't worry too much about this. If asked, just tell them the truth. I don't see this as an issue at all.
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
      341 July 1, 2008
      Discharged September 4, 2008
      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Mine went back six months, but not until the UST became involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Help! View Post
          Mine went back six months, but not until the UST became involved.
          Help! The more I read about your BK the more I wonder how you survived! Did you meet the president of capital one per chance?

I had 6 mos as well, at the 341 the trustee wanted to see the balance on the day we filed. Glanced and that was it.
          Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
          Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

my lawyer wanted 6 months of everything. I think she looked at a 1/4 of the stack i gave her. The paralegal on the other hand grilled me on everything. She was good kind of reminds me of that pink talking bird we have here.
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

No bank statements in RI

Comment

No bank statements? Wow! We had to give our attorney 6 months of bank statements plus 6 months worth of paystubs / pay advices. I also collect Unemployment, and she wanted a 6 month itemized statement of that as well. The Unemployment agency does NOT provide that info--at least here in Florida--just a summary of the last transaction. So the attorney had to be satisfied with our notation of those payments on the bank statement.

We were also told to have our bank account as close to a zero balance as possible on the day we filed--we had a negative balance. We also had to tell how much cash we had with us--about $10.00 between the two of us.

At our 341, the trustee looked over the paperwork, and asked: "Who gets the Social Security?" 'Hub does. "Who gets the Unemployment?" I do. Other than a question about a yearly stipend from an insurance annuity, that was about it, as I recall.

Good luck!
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Trustee only glanced at the date we filed on our statements, lawyer had 6 months.

Comment

Geez, the discrepancy as to providing statements in BK is something else. We had to provide our attorney with one year of bank statements and explain deposits, withdrawals and checks written/debits over a certain amount (averaged $500). Our attorney stated that was what is required by the Trustee for Chapter 13's. The same for credit card purchases and cash advances (one year). Be prepared for anything as to this and do not hesitate to provide any information asked for and always be honest about the information you need to provide.

I remember standing at the copier copying bank statements and having to go through all that and marking deposits, checks written, debits, etc....lots of work.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I filed pro se and was surprised that the letter from the Trustee did not ask for copies of bank statements. The Trustee asked for 60 days of paystubs prior to filing plus most recent paystub, and copies of 2007 state and federal tax returns. Plus I had to fill out a questionnaire. I printed out a year of bank statements to be safe and have them in my file, but have not been asked for them yet.
                      Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
                      341 Meeting: 1/7/09
                      Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
                      Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

In MO, I was asked for 6 months of pay stubs. Bank statements only from the day of filing....no others.

Comment

I retained an attorney to file in March who said he would need 6 months of statements and pay stubs. Seems like once it gets to the trustee they focus on 60-90 days if at all.

Comment

even longer

We initially gave out attorney 6 months worth of statements... about a week after filing the trustee requested back 14 months, as well as two years of tax returns, and ALL checks for all checking acounts for all 14 months as well.

It all depends on your trustee and district I suppose.
                            Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
                            2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
                            Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGuy View Post
                              We initially gave out attorney 6 months worth of statements... about a week after filing the trustee requested back 14 months, as well as two years of tax returns, and ALL checks for all checking acounts for all 14 months as well.

It all depends on your trustee and district I suppose
                              FloridaGuy is right. I had to provide 2 years bank statements, 4 yrs tax returns (corp and individual as I am self employeed), 3 yrs cc statements, 10 years of real estate purchases and sales, 4 yrs vehicle purchases and sales, etc, etc. It was about 4 reams of copies - took up an entire file box, letter sized. I am in S. Fl. so maybe it is a Fl thing??
                              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X