I need to use my credit card...can I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to use my credit card...can I

My husband and I had some things come up and after paying rent today we have 0 money. We do not get paid until the 9th. I really really need some groceries...my son needs milk and diapers and we need something for 6 days of eating. I could probably spend under 40.00 on everything but the problem is I do not have it and no one to loan it to us.

Is there anyway I can use one my cc's I am discharging? I have not been paying on them since Novemember or purchasing since then either.I will pay whatever I purchase back on the 9th.

Thanks
    Last edited by okiemom2008; 01-03-2009, 12:15 PM.

When are you filing?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Have you filed BK yet?

If not, yes, you can use your credit cards for necessities, and you won't need to pay it back. You can charge up to $900 within the 90 days (roughly $300 per month) of filing BK on necessities and not raise any red flags or risk any objection.

If you have filed, it will be luck of the draw, odds are most of your credit cards are closed.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
        Have you filed BK yet?

If not, yes, you can use your credit cards for necessities, and you won't need to pay it back. You can charge up to $900 within the 90 days (roughly $300 per month) of filing BK on necessities and not raise any red flags or risk any objection.

If you have filed, it will be luck of the draw, odds are most of your credit cards are closed.
        I have retained him but not filed. I am filing Feb 1-6th(sometime in there)

Comment

If you are behind on payments they most likely won't let you charge anyway.
          FILED CH7: 03/20/09
          341: May 11th, 2009
          DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
            If you are behind on payments they most likely won't let you charge anyway.
            I hope I can find one that is open!

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
              I have retained him but not filed. I am filing Feb 1-6th(sometime in there)
              Excellent. As HHM as indicated, necessities for yourself of your dependents is not considered fraud or in bad faith. Just don't go overboard and be reasonable.

If you'd like to make a payment in the interim, so be it. I did the same thing (and made a few interim payments).
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X