get copies of cc statements now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get copies of cc statements now?

After reading a couple of stories on here I am getting a little nervous. We are hoping to discharge 120k in unsecured debt, walking away from the house, etc.. We stopped paying and using everything in November. Because of the amount, I am afraid there will be more looking into our finances. Should I go online and print statements for as long as I can, while I can? That sounds like a whole lot of paper, but I'd rather be prepared.. What do you think?
    Filed CH 7 05/06/09
    341 06/12/09
    Last day for objections 08/11/09
    Discharged and CLOSED!! 08/28/09

Yes, go ahead and do it. You will have to give six months of statements to your attorney in any case. And just to be safe and have it in your file, JIC 9Just In Case) print out the entire year.

You will also be asked for the last two year's tax returns, so get that up now, too.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yep it would be easier to do so now while you can in case you need it.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by imoverit View Post
        After reading a couple of stories on here I am getting a little nervous. We are hoping to discharge 120k in unsecured debt, walking away from the house, etc.. We stopped paying and using everything in November. Because of the amount, I am afraid there will be more looking into our finances. Should I go online and print statements for as long as I can, while I can? That sounds like a whole lot of paper, but I'd rather be prepared.. What do you think?
        I saved everything available on my computer since you will most likely be locked out of all websites.
        Logan

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
          I saved everything available on my computer since you will most likely be locked out of all websites.
          Logan
          Absolutely correct! Even if you are current when you file and you pay during the automatic stay period (for example cell phone, electric, landline) you will still be locked out of online accounts.
          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              Yes, go ahead and do it. You will have to give six months of statements to your attorney in any case. And just to be safe and have it in your file, JIC 9Just In Case) print out the entire year.

You will also be asked for the last two year's tax returns, so get that up now, too.
              My attorney only asked for 3 months...and they are all basically the same...no purchases, finance charges, overlimit fees and late fees and no payments. Seems like a waste of paper to me considering everything but the balance stays the same.

Comment

I threw all of my previous statements out after I paid them. Will this be a problem?

Comment

mine is all online banking. i haven't used them lately but i have been getting wacked with over limit fee's, late fee's, etc. hard times
                  9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                  11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                  01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                  01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by okiemom2008 View Post
                    My attorney only asked for 3 months...and they are all basically the same...no purchases, finance charges, overlimit fees and late fees and no payments. Seems like a waste of paper to me considering everything but the balance stays the same.

Every case is different and if this person is the unlucky one to get audited they may go back as far as three years or more. We were asked for statements for 3 years on certain cards or from the time they were opened if less than 3. Not saying this is the norm, but if you have access to them make sure you at least save them on your computer and can print them later if necessary.
                    11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
                    03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
                    04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
                    $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

Originally posted by welovedis View Post
                      Every case is different and if this person is the unlucky one to get audited they may go back as far as three years or more. We were asked for statements for 3 years on certain cards or from the time they were opened if less than 3. Not saying this is the norm, but if you have access to them make sure you at least save them on your computer and can print them later if necessary.
                      Yes, this is exactly right. I had to provide the same. It is better to download all the statements, save to your hard drive and print up what the attorney asks for initially. If you get audited or the Trustee wants more, then you have it on the hard drive to print.
                      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

So what can you do if you are audited and you dont have them?

Comment

Originally posted by welovedis View Post
                          3 years of statements!! Thats outrageous! If you don't mind me asking how much did you owe or was it a tricky case? I am nervous now. I am assuming we would have a straight simple bankruptcy. No assets, way under state median. But we are about 55K in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by debter08 View Post
                            3 years of statements!! Thats outrageous! If you don't mind me asking how much did you owe or was it a tricky case? I am nervous now. I am assuming we would have a straight simple bankruptcy. No assets, way under state median. But we are about 55K in debt.
                            We are trying to discharge 83K in CC, that is all. No charges on any cards in longer than 90 days, 1 BT to our checking in June/July (can't remember the date) to pay off a higher interest card. We were not doing any kind of BK planning, just trying to stay afloat. Search for more of my posts and you'll see what the UST is trying to do.

We are above the state median though.
                            11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
                            03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
                            04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
                            $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

ANY benefit of settling VS BK???

hi everyone,
                              i have had someone offer to give me money (no need to pay them back) to settle my debts vs filing bk. i know that filing bk is considered a last resort and stays on our credit for 10 years, but does settling make it any better at all? if there is going to be just as much of a stain on my report as there would be with bk, i am going to decline. i know if i dont file, i wont ever have to mark on a job or rent application "yes" to filing before but if i settle and my score is so crappy, does it even matter? im at the point right now where unless there is a significant difference between settling or filing, im just going to file. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X