237 Days since 341 and Counting-No Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

237 Days since 341 and Counting-No Discharge

It has been 237 days since our 341 meeting and we still have no discharge. Ours is an asset case. Their were no objections to our discharge, the trustee has collected our assets from us (vehicles and cash), has auctioned the vehicles, she has abandoned our other houses we owned, she has filed 2 lawsuits against our creditors to get payments they received back. This is where we are sitting now. I do not see why any of this would extend our discharge this much. I was thinking about asking her why it was taking so long, but I figured I didn't want to rock the boat. Any ideas?

Strange. A discharge is separate from the close in a Chapter 7 asset case. You should be discharged but not closed.

You will not be closed until the Trustee does it's final distribution report. They could be waiting for something as well.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by karma View Post
      It has been 237 days since our 341 meeting and we still have no discharge. Ours is an asset case. Their were no objections to our discharge, the trustee has collected our assets from us (vehicles and cash), has auctioned the vehicles, she has abandoned our other houses we owned, she has filed 2 lawsuits against our creditors to get payments they received back. This is where we are sitting now. I do not see why any of this would extend our discharge this much. I was thinking about asking her why it was taking so long, but I figured I didn't want to rock the boat. Any ideas?
      I don't think asking why after almost a year being in BK would be rocking the boat. Are you pro se? I would defiantly call and ask if there is something you don't know about holding up your discharge.
      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
      341 09/17/2008
      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X