LMAO...What a guy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO...What a guy...

So I asked my attorney a question about the filings on Pacer today...and this was his response....

You are too funny. This is what I told you about earlier and I assume, by attempting to recall your e mail, you figured that out. Stop checking PACER you freak. Don't you have anything better to do? It will be done when its done. RELAX!

We should add this to a new PACER FAQ...

Q:What are all those filings on PACER anyhow?

A:You are too funny. This is what I told you about earlier and I assume, by attempting to recall your post you figured that out.

Stop checking PACER you freak. Don't you have anything better to do? It will be done when its done. RELAX!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Boy!!!! What a bedside manner. These attorneys are so used to dealing with BK cases each and every day while we BK-ers are doing this only ONCE in our lives!. They become so cavalier that they forget that their clients are real people in PAIN.

I could go on; I better stop.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

And people wonder why I post dumb questions on here....see what I'm dealing with?? I paid this guy!! Silly me. This thing has got me so stressed out more than I was before I filed!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeAzzez View Post
          You are too funny... Stop checking PACER you freak. Don't you have anything better to do? It will be done when its done. RELAX!
          This is exactly the kind of thing my friends would say to me! Telling me not to worry, get on with life... But I wouldn't expect my attorney to say something like this!
          BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Well, If you are a freak, I am an UBER FREAK! You should see my PACER bill!

I finally went to PACER Anonymous , and haven't queried in over a week. I

I think I am fixed.

On to the next addiction.

Now where is that Cadbury bar I hid?

Comment

Sounds like kid with zero customer service experience. Report him to the state bar for attorney incivility and unprofessional behavior. See what he says then. Don't be afraid or embarrased to do that, I wouldn't be. You can probably get the form off your state bar's website.

Comment

Wow.. I'm guessing you've filed. If you haven't, fire this turkey and find another lawyer.

I know I pestered my lawyer with questions while I was filling out the forms and he never once called me a freak. He did tell me to relax, but never made fun of me.

Definitely report him to the state bar association. Don't let him get away with this.

ETA: I check PACER once a week, but when I check my account balance, it's zero, despite downloading my petition. Is this normal?
                sigpic
                Filed - 11/19/08;341 - 12/22/08
                Discharged - 2/23/09 ;Closed - 3/6/09
                Got my first post BK credit line - car loan - 4/9/09 On my way to recovery.

Comment

I just might report him....he stresses me out. Not only did I have to do most of the leg work in the beginning I spent two days correcting my petion because of all the mistakes (including spelling errors). then he filed our SSNO and address online, then our case got dismissed because he forgot something. He then had to re-submit it. I have a nagging feeling that I'm going to come out of this worse off then I was, my creditors will not have been served and I will still owe the debt. The trustee is taking my tax return and from what I've been reading he could have protected it but as you can see...he's not that smart. So yea...I'm a freak.

Comment

I have to ask if this attorney is in Southern California? My first BK attorney was just like this and I FIRED him.
                    Just curious if it is the same one.

Comment

Although, on the PACER issue, I do tend to side with the Attorneys on this one. The average person cannot handle PACER, it creates more stress than it relieves and really creates OCD with regard to your BK.

You know...if you cheap skates would pay to hire real attorneys to handle your BK instead of bargain hunting, you wouldn't need to check PACER

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                        Although, on the PACER issue, I do tend to side with the Attorneys on this one. The average person cannot handle PACER, it creates more stress than it relieves and really creates OCD with regard to your BK.

You know...if you cheap skates would pay to hire real attorneys to handle your BK instead of bargain hunting, you wouldn't need to check PACER
                        I hate my lawyer. So I check myself.

You bring up a good point. A relatively good lawyer would make sure that you are up to date and that they've given you adequate information regarding your particular case.

Most things don't move fast within the BK process. Lawyer's know this, but seem to not communicate such to their clients.
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

HHM How you know what people paid for an attorney? You don't.
                          Is it possible the attorney has backed pipe line of clients that he really doesn't care what you think about their service. What are chance's that the lawyer will get repeat buisness from the same client? At point in time a lawyer doesn't care about getting referrals from their clients.
                          BK attornerys remind of used car salesman.

Comment

Not to defend the bedside manner of the attorney ... HOWEVER ...

Calling your attorney every day does a lot to foul our moods sometimes.

We KNOW that our clients are in pain (believe me!)

Not every problem of the clients can be resolved two minutes after you call. There are procedures ... and sometimes it's going to take 3-4 weeks to get it resolved.

NO ... YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY CLIENT WE HAVE.

Yes, sometimes we must take care of the other clients first (it's kinda like a triage unit in our office where the people in the worst shape are going to get treated first ... out of necessity).

I do have to show up in court a lot ... and that means that it might take me several days to get around to answering your phone call.

No ... just because you paid me some money to do your bankruptcy case does not mean you get to call me two years after your case is ended and expect free advice forever and ever.

In bankruptcy court, things move fast and furious (relative to other courts) ... and the phones are ringing off the hook in a bankruptcy attorney's office. Every client has something urgent in their case.

But remember ... we DO understand ... we know what you're going through ... we see a lot of pain and heartache every day. If you think your story is sad and pathetic ... just remember that there is someone who is always in worse off shape than you.

The greatest thing about being a bankruptcy attorney is being able to guide my clients into getting their financial house back in order. I take my job VERY seriously. When things finally work out, it's a great feeling to know that we were able to help our clients - the relief on their faces is palpable.

So, don't take it too personally ... bankruptcy attorneys are very busy right now ... with a lot of anxious clients ... and sometimes we get a little touchy too.

Comment

Originally posted by justbreathe View Post
                              HHM How you know what people paid for an attorney? You don't.
                              Is it possible the attorney has backed pipe line of clients that he really doesn't care what you think about their service. What are chance's that the lawyer will get repeat buisness from the same client? At point in time a lawyer doesn't care about getting referrals from their clients.
                              BK attornerys remind of used car salesman.
                              HHM is the first person, and I the second, who will tell you that there are indeed Bankruptcy mills!

It's always Caveat Emptor out there.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X