top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eCast settlement corp and after my bankruptcy discharge???Possiblely illegal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eCast settlement corp and after my bankruptcy discharge???Possiblely illegal???

Hello, everyone. I have a question about ecast settlement corp. To give you alittle bit of background on my case. I filed Chapter 7 on October 8, 2008. I had my 341 hearing, and the 60 days past with NO objections. I was discharged on January 26, 2009. My case is currently awaiting closing..
    My case was NO ASSET.
    A week after I checked my credit report from Experian, to see if some of my accounts were being listed as DISCHARGED, I noticed that some had and some hadn't, granted this was about a week after the discharge..
    I then notice on one of my accounts AFTER THE DISCHARGE with HSBC bank that they have a filing date wrong on my account, so I dispute it. I then check back yestersday and noticed that one of my accounts with HSBC-credit card accounts mind you, have been marked as discharged, and the other is showing :petition for chapter 7 bankruptcy, BUT IT shows as both accounts being sold by HSBC to Ecast after my chapter 7 bankruptcy case has been discharged.
    The balance on these accounts combined is only $1,600..
    I am wondering if HSBC AND ECAST are trying to pull a fast one on me, ON TRYING TO COLLECT ON DISCHARGED DEBT???

In today's mail, I get a notice from HSBC, that says they are wondering about the nature of my credit reporting dispute, and IT SAYS they have sold it to ecast, yet I am pretty sure that HSBC and ecast know that I am discharged in chapter 7 bankrupptcy..

On Monday, I am planning to send a copy of the discharge order to ecast and HSBC.

I am also thinking of sending this information to the bankruptcy court as well and to my case trustee as well, notifying them of POSSIBLE illegal activity going on..

Any thoughts you have on this, would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Melissa

Melissa, that's all you need to do. Send a copy and inform them that they are in violation of the Discharge Injunction.

They should go away quietly, after a very apologetic letter.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I don't think this is anything shady, I've read a bunch of ch13 filings and it appears routine for the big banks to sell off these receivables. Check out the proofs of claim for your case. I'll bet you'll see a lot of debts were sold off.
      To whom and why and how they make a profit, I have no idea.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X