HSBC and Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC and Yamaha

I included my dirt bike which was on my HSBC credit card. I was going to surrender the bike (which i hate to do) but i have yet to be contacted by them to collect. It's been about 3 months since they were notified, and i will be discharged on the 20th of this month. I dont plan on calling them, but what do you think the hold up is? any thoughts?

Thanks,

If you bought it on a Mastercard/VISA credit card, you have nothing to worry about. The debt is unsecured!!!

Was this a Mastercard or VISA?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It was a secured HSBC account, thats why i would have to surrender. I am not sure where it it at, they have not tries to contact me, and it was included in filing. I doubt the will forget about me, just wonder when they will think about calling me.

Comment

I guess you wait and see. Don't contact them, wait for them to contact you. They may be waiting for the discharge before coming to get the property. It is cheaper for them that way, as opposed to attempting to get the automatic stay lifted.

Comment

Aha! Usually, they'll make a motion for relief from the automatic stay. This is just procedural and to make sure they do everything by the book. The judge will grant this -- especially since you're surrendering it and have indicated as such on your Statement of Intentions.

Then, once they get that Motion granted, they will usually wait until you are discharged and/or closed.

They'll probably contact you by phone, but may also do so by mail. They'll arrange a time to pick it up.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X