Homeless: Will UST/Judge allow it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless: Will UST/Judge allow it?

I'm on the verge of filing Chpt. 7 - I'm waiting to hear the filing date recommendation from my lawyer. I have (had) a serious OCD luxury shopping disorder - I've been seeing a psychiatrist for a while (7 years). Nothing has been purchased since last August when AmEx changed my payment options and demanded a huge payment in the major thousands which forced me to stop paying on all my cards since I knew it was over for me. Somehow I've managed to maintain a well paying job and I have a home. I'm single - the only wage earner in a one person household. If a UST or judge doesn't like what he sees, will they say your case is dismissed - I don't care if you lose your job from more then one wage garnishment - I don't care if you lose your home and will be on the street and never work again - you made your bed, lay in it. Could that possibly happen?
    Filed C7: 03/09/09
    341: 04/30/09
    Discharged 6/30/09!!!

I don't see any issues with your case at all. Bankruptcy is a technical procedure. They don't look at emotions or at your personally, really. They look to the numbers!

The Bankruptcy court couldn't care less if you have OCD, Parkinson's, deaf, blind, and jobless. They only care that you fit the qualifications at the point in time you file. That's it. Yes it's sad, but it's highly technical, and it's the only thing that makes the system (mostly) predictable.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X