top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my 341 meeting the same as the meeting of creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my 341 meeting the same as the meeting of creditors?

I got a court paper that states that the meeting of creditors is on March 11th...is this considered my 341 meeting?

Yes.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

The 341 Meeting is nicknamed as such because it's named after the section of the Bankruptcy Code which determines how it is done. That section of code is 11 USC 341.

This is also known as the Meeting of Creditors.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hopefully there will be a lack of creditors there though! Good luck, takes all of 5 minutes, bring your SS card and your drivers license!
        Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
        Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

Originally posted by SubPrimeME View Post
          Hopefully there will be a lack of creditors there though! Good luck, takes all of 5 minutes, bring your SS card and your drivers license!

thats what i am hoping for! thanks!!

Comment

Do you hear everyone else's 341 meeting and they hear yours, or is it held in a closed room?
            27 May 09: File Ch7
            6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
            6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
            6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieBK View Post
              Do you hear everyone else's 341 meeting and they hear yours, or is it held in a closed room?
              Absolutely. And it's done loudly so that everyone can hear.

Bankruptcy is a public administrative proceeding. Anyone, even a reporter, can sit in the 341 and listen in.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Mine was done in a small office next to waiting room with dioor open but no one could see inside from waiting area. Only my attorney ,and two others from court were in room. In and out in minutes.

Comment

Now, do they say out loud, your total outstanding debt to be discharged?? What exactly does the judge say to you?? What kind of questions? Mine (not filing yet, just curious) are all unsecured credit card debts, foreclosed house (plus property tax not paid)

What about when it is all over and they publish it in the newspapers, what does it say??

Comment

Originally posted by Proxy View Post
                    Now, do they say out loud, your total outstanding debt to be discharged?? What exactly does the judge say to you?? What kind of questions? Mine (not filing yet, just curious) are all unsecured credit card debts, foreclosed house (plus property tax not paid)

What about when it is all over and they publish it in the newspapers, what does it say??
                    I was being dramatic. In most, but not all 341 Meetings, it's done in a medium sized room. It's not a courtroom, as this is not a hearing. It is not done in front of a judge... it's run the by the Trustee's office.

If you are lucky to have the semi-private one... great, but most are done in a room full of people.

The don't yell out things, but they do call out, loudly, if any creditors are in the room. It is quite easy to hear what's happening at "the table" in front of the room, without them yelling.

Usually it's just a bunch of routine questions and nothing real probing.

Usually.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X