Redemption 722 turned me down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spearmint View Post
    What kind of credit score do you have to have for your own credit union to give you a car loan?
    We don't recommend getting into debt again. Learn from your past mistakes and buy cars for CASH.

Credit is NOT FREE. You have to pay for it. Hunker down and save up the cash.

Please look at this web site and re-read it and get rid of the "new car fever". That's what got most all of us into the mess we're in now.

Be positive. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
      As long as you're using that oil, the engine and transmission should never wear out. Everything else is easy and cheap to fix. Window motors, alternators, water pumps, etc. That's peanuts to repair compared to what it would cost to rebuild an engine or transmission.

For years I used Mobil 1 religiously. I always told everyone, "If you find a better oil, let me know, otherwise I'm going to use Mobil 1 forever."

Then I started seeing their ASTM tests and Amsoil beat everyone. A friend of mine is a dealer and I order through him. Actually both me and another friend other through this guy.

If you're using Pennzoil, Quaker State, Havoline, Mobil 1, Royal Purple, Red Line or any of those other oils, you're simply throwing your money away. Believe me. I've been through all this before. I've driven well over 600,000+ miles in all of my driving experience. Between picking up the Mobil 1 synthetic, the filter and then bringing it to a place to have them put it in, I used to pay over $60-70 an oil change every 3,000 miles. What a WASTE of money that was. However, I didn't know any better. I fell for the fancy commercials and ads. I never bothered to know what ASTM testing was done.

This page shows some of the ASTM results. Funny how Mobil 1 doesn't proudly show those numbers off. They scammed me FOR YEARS. NEVER AGAIN.

This stuff is too hard to sell. Look how people are so brainwashed into using what they are using. This is why I can't be a dealer for it. I've already showed you guys the proof that it's better and yet you'll continue to keep using what you've been using because humans are CREATURES OF HABIT. I'm not like that. If you have something better than what I am using and it will save me money, I want to know all about it. I'm very open-minded when it comes to stuff. The majority of the people aren't like that. Most people don't like change. I do.
      lol @ bolded part

Comment

Originally posted by lolasaurus View Post
        lol @ bolded part
        Apparently you haven't seen the van that went 930,000 miles with only 1% wear. Everyone who scoffs at this oil has never spent any real time researching it. You all need to thank me for all of the time I have tried to explain to you about this stuff where I don't make a dime from my efforts.

Comment

Apparently you haven't seen the van that went 930,000 miles with only 1% wear. Everyone who scoffs at this oil has never spent any real time researching it. You all need to thank me for all of the time I have tried to explain to you about this stuff where I don't make a dime from my efforts.
          I suppose this oil prevents the clutches in your automatic transmission from wearing as well?

Comment

Originally posted by lolasaurus View Post
            I suppose this oil prevents the clutches in your automatic transmission from wearing as well?
            I wouldn't be wasting my time talking all this time about it if it didn't. I read a document some place where a van went over 930,000 miles on the same engine and transmission using this fluid. Dexron and Mercon V are total garbage. BELIEVE ME when I say this. You should be out researching this stuff. I wish this forum would let me upload PDF's.

Comment

Nevermind... I found the document.

The funny thing is, the oil you're using now, you can't brag about anything about it, yet you guys knock Amsoil. That makes no logical sense.

That's why I said... humans are "creatures of habit". It's easier for somebody to knock something than to try it because they don't like to break the cycle of what they are accustomed to doing all the time.

Like I said, I don't think like that. If you can recommend a better product that I am using now and it will save me money in the long run, I am ALL EARS.

Comment

I'm not sure if you can use Amsoil ATF in that or not. What year is your Mini?
                I know that most CVT's, you can't use their oil right now as some CVT's have different specifications.

If you can't use Amsoil in it, then I would be RELIGIOUS on changing the fluid in that thing and I would do it SOONER than LATER. I've heard the nightmares about CVT replacement. Give me the year and I ask somebody to see if Amsoil ATF is compatible or not. If it is, you can keep that thing running virtually forever.
                it is a 2005 MINI Cooper

Comment

Yeah, I looked it up and there's two engine codes for that year.

W10
                  Automatic Transmission,GACVT16Z.....VTF[4]
                  No AMSOIL Product Recommendation
                  Footnote 4 says:
                  4. Esso CVT EZL 799 Fluid, MINI P/N 83 22 0 136 376

W11
                  Automatic Transmission,GA6F21WA.....TIV
                  Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid

Some how you'd have to be able to look up those numbers and see which corresponds to your transmission, either the W10 or W11. As you can see, one recommends it and the other doesn't.

You only want to use exactly what they recommend. A friend of mine has a 2002 Hyundai Sonata. He put in the Amsoil 0W30 because that's the best 30 weight oil. But when going to their on-line guide, for that year car they only recommend using the European 5W40 for his engine.

After a month, he checked his dipstick and the oil level was low. That engine wasn't compatible with the oil. Could have been different seals or what not. He put in the European 5W40 and it ran perfect after that, and he told me that he got about an extra 50 miles per tank from the increases gas mileage.

The European oil is an excellent oil, but it only lasts up to the manufacturer's recommended drain intervals, while the 0W30 exceeds the manufacturers drain intervals up to 11 times.... BUT, your engine has to be compatible with it. And with that 0W30, you have to change the oil filter a couple times if you go the full 35,000 miles without draining it. You top off when you swap filters. It's also good to order a little extra. In one car I went the 35,000 miles and the car used about 1/2 quart of oil in all that time, so I topped off a little bit, but another car I used went the full 35,000 miles without burning a single drop. Each car is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X