top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the deal with my Report of No Distribution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with my Report of No Distribution?

I was discharged right on time 2/19, but my case is not closed yet because they haven't filed the Report of No Distribution yet. What's the deal? Why wouldn't it be filed yet? We were able to exempt everything except about $300 of our tax refund and have been listed as no asset from the very beginning. What could be causing the hold up? Has anyone else had to wait so long for their Report? Should I be worried?

Some districts are way behind due to the sheer number of Bankruptcies being filed. February 2009 was the highest recorded number ever.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Have you checked pacer and looked at other cases from the same date as your 341, I am in the same boat as you. There were 29 cases on the same date as our 341 and 24 closed 2 weeks ago and we are not. We still do not have the no distribution as well but all other cases did. My lawyer thinks the trustee might still be digging for something... Who knows.. It certainly isn't our tax return as I owe $7000...

Comment

Originally posted by ansky0007 View Post
        Have you checked pacer and looked at other cases from the same date as your 341, I am in the same boat as you. There were 29 cases on the same date as our 341 and 24 closed 2 weeks ago and we are not. We still do not have the no distribution as well but all other cases did. My lawyer thinks the trustee might still be digging for something... Who knows.. It certainly isn't our tax return as I owe $7000...
        I can't figure out how to do this. I can put in my district and the date range, but still wants me to put in a name or SSN or case number. Any tricks I don't know about?

Comment

Originally posted by yuckhatethis View Post
          I can't figure out how to do this. I can put in my district and the date range, but still wants me to put in a name or SSN or case number. Any tricks I don't know about?
          Make sure you're on the Bankruptcy Court Site and not the District Court Site!!!

When you login, below the blue bar (which contains the QUERY and other features), should be the name of your court.

e.g. UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS

It should not read UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS

Then when you click QUERY, you can enter your SSN only (in the SSN/TIN box) with the dashes. Then clock RUN QUERY. VOILA.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh no, I know all too well how to check my own case (and do it WAY TOO MUCH)-I was referring to an earlier post about checking other cases that had been filed around the same time-any suggestions there?

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Make sure you're on the Bankruptcy Court Site and not the District Court Site!!!

When you login, below the blue bar (which contains the QUERY and other features), should be the name of your court.

e.g. UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS

It should not read UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT DISTRICT OF MASSACHUSETTS

Then when you click QUERY, you can enter your SSN only (in the SSN/TIN box) with the dashes. Then clock RUN QUERY. VOILA.

Comment

I have exactly the same thing. Discharged but my case is not closed yet because they haven't filed the Report of No Distribution but it says no asset on my case. I think I would have had enough exemptions left for the tax return anyways. She did not list it on my exemptions as she said just don't file until we are through the process and that way I would be able to keep any refund. I guess I will just wait until closed or April 15th to file my taxes!
              It is frustrating as I asked my lawyer about the closing and she responded but not really with want I was looking for. I really wanted to know if that was normal and I just want to know if I should be worried about my bonus and tax return. We need these to keep on track and have a safety net. She has not said I need to save them so I am going to use them as needed.
              I am in MA and I looked at the cases filed the same day as me. All are discharged. Half are closed. I just wonder why half are closed and not mine

Comment

Originally posted by yuckhatethis View Post
                Oh no, I know all too well how to check my own case (and do it WAY TOO MUCH)-I was referring to an earlier post about checking other cases that had been filed around the same time-any suggestions there?
                Oops!

It's best to look at the calendar for your case. Don't do massive queries, or you'll pay for it.

I would suggest checking your Judge's calendar to see what cases were around the same time as yours. Again, I don't recommend just blindly querying.

Comment

This is how I do it for MA not sure if all sites are the same
                  If you go to Reports - Choose cases - pick the office - bk 7 - choose trustee - choose Date type - put in dates - I choose both open and closed cases - run report

Comment

Originally posted by WayTooMuchDebt View Post
                    This is how I do it for MA not sure if all sites are the same
                    If you go to Reports - Choose cases - pick the office - bk 7 - choose trustee - choose Date type - put in dates - I choose both open and closed cases - run report
                    Awesome instructions-thank you! I checked the cases within a few days of mine and out of 13 cases with my trustee, only 2 had been closed. That makes me think maybe they're just behind? One of the closed cases was someone I know and someone I thought was doing VERY WELL! I feel a little icky now, like I know someone's secret or something...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X