Change of Address Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of Address Question?

My husband and I filed for chap 7 on 2/27, we are surrendering the house and our lawyer said to try and find a rental by May (house forecloses June 2nd) our 341 is on April 6th. Well we found a rental and will be moving about a week before the 341. We still technically have the old house until June. When should I do a change of address with the lawyer, courts ect.... and will that affect or delay any of the paperwork or the 341? I just want to get this done. Should I just keep using the old address and change it right after the 341 and if they ask tell them I am in the process of moving since we will probably still be getting stuff from the old house, just not staying there?

I would change address before 341. Anything that goes on will be mailed to your matrix. You don't want to hold up that mailing after the 341. They may tag another 30 days onto your 60 day club. Your creditors by law have to be informed of everything. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hub is right. Give your new address to the court when you give it to everyone else - as soon as you move into your new rental and want all mail to come there rather than to your old address.
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We moved right after we filed and we gave our attorney the new address and the "as of" date and he changed it with the court about 2 days after our official move. I would think that you could give it to him now and tell him to file the address change with the court on your move date.

Good luck.
        Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
        341 - 2/5/09
        Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X