top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the PRE filing education course? I don't see a sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the PRE filing education course? I don't see a sticky?

I see a sticky for the POST FILING course, but not the PRE filing courses? Are there any online that are cheap and give you a certificate asap? Is there a sticky I am missing? TX
    Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

I used

I am in NC, not sure if they are recognized in TX but if you look over their site should tell ya.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

We used InCharge. After you complete the course you telephone them and go through about a ten minute review with one of the reps. They then email you the cert right then. A big waste of time and money but it meets the requirements for a bk in our state. It was on a list our bk atty gave us.

inchargefoundation.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, inchargefoundation.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
      341: 5/12
      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

The pre-filing course you take MUST be recognized by your state or it's a complete waste of your time and money. Here's a link to the list of approved agencies that provide the pre-filing required course by state - http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

I went to my court's website and clicked on EVERY approved pre-filing course provider to compare fees. I found one that did it for free. It was all online too.
          Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
          341 Meeting: 1/7/09
          Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
          Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X