Pacer quick and dirty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer quick and dirty?

I filed on the 25th of last month and have received the notice that I filed and case # but have not received a notice for the 341.

I have signed up for pacer, watched 3 of the short training videos and opened the pacer manual.

Without having to read all the manual, can someone give me a quick walkthrough on how to get to what I would like to see ref. my case - i.e., what others here have said they found out about their case when they went to pacer - - 341 date, any CC's or other companies filing against me, etc?

Tks - I will go see if I can find it in the manual as well. - jb
    jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
    Filed - 2/27/09
    341 - 4/3/09
    Discharged - 6/20/2009

Everything you have filed will be in the History/Documents folder. Anything a creditor files will be there too.

(Tick the box that says display docket text)

If you look at "Case Summary", I believe it will show when your 341 is scheduled.

I received my 341 date, the day I filed my petition, it can vary by district I believe when they schedule you.

When you enter your case number, there will be a "date of last filing"

IF that date remains static, then nothing new has been filed since the last time you looked, so remember the date, there is no reason to look further and incur page charges if the date stays the same since the last time you looked.

Comment

So you set up an account, right? So you will be here to sign in; https://pacer.login.uscourts.gov/cgi...court_id=00idx

Then you want to go to “U.S. Party Index, and click on Bankruptcy.

Then type your last name in, last four digits social, and Wallaaah. You are in your case. Click on the case number and go to History Documents. Save to hard drive and rename by number and your own titles what you wish to re-read later so you don’t get charged fore reviewing online. Remember .08 cents adds up. ‘Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

tks guys - appreciate it?

Printed out Docket Text which has 341 sch. on 4/3 at 2:30 in Orlando and shows mailing went out on 3/14 so guess it takes a while to go 30 miles in the mail???? (Took me 10 days to get a letter from Tallahassee last year!

Where do I find is anyone has filed anything against me or is coming to the 341?

Again, tks - jb
        Filed - 2/27/09
        341 - 4/3/09
        Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Most of the time nobody shows up to the 341.

They don't have to file anything to show up, but if they do, they can question you during your 341.

If someone is going to file an AP it will show up as another case associated with your BK case and have a different case number

Comment

Tks Ding - should I look at anything other than Docket Text?
            Filed - 2/27/09
            341 - 4/3/09
            Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Some filers check the flags in case summary.

I never really did that. I just occasionally ( well ok, more than occasionally ) checked my History/Docs folder.

I was an admitted PACER addict for awhile, but I quit cold turkey and haven't checked to even see if I am discharged for almost 10 days now!

I have to state that because I am so proud of myself ( and I had an almost 200.00 Pacer bill for the last quarter) What a dope! ( me).
              I am awaiting the mailman anxiously for my discharge letter.

Gotta fight the urge, not to acess Pacer, so hard, errrrrr, one day at a time......

Comment

Tks again, Ding - but I have seen people posting things here they found on pacer about their case - - like people that are going to fight something or things that the Trustee wants for the 431 and was wondering if this all shows up in the Docket Text or is it listed somewhere else?

I am not worried about getting hooked - this is the first time since I filed I have been to it and then only to the Docket Text page. Don't know if I get charged for the pages getting to it or not but except for going into the 431 on April 4th I am not that interested.

Just wanted to know if there is other pages I SHOULD be looking at to get all the info for my case I need. - jb
                Filed - 2/27/09
                341 - 4/3/09
                Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Anything that is filed in your case will show up in the History/Documents folder.

So lets say you have a home, and it is going into foreclosure, and the lender wants to continue foreclosure. The lender will have to file something called "A Motion for Relief From Stay"

That will show up in your history/docs folder.

Or if a creditor files a motion to determine a debt non-dischargable, that will also show up in your history folder.

Everything that is officially filed and docketed will show up there.

I have read that some UST issues have not shown up in PACER, but I never had any first hand experience wth that.

Anything that is official and docketed should show up, and I say should because the courts are known to make clerical errors and things can happen or not happen because of human error.

But generally, the History folder is the best place to look for things that may be happening in your case.

If anyone files any kind of motion or order or document ( including what you yourself file), it will ( at least on theory) be there.

Comment

Forgot to mention, the Trustee will usually send you a letter asking for items to bring to the 341, which is usually items like your last year or two tax returns.

The trustee will not request anything from you via PACER. They could not assume that all filers would have acess to PACER.

Trustees use the good old mail service for communication and possibly the phone, or if you have an attorney, they will communicate through them.

Comment

Tks Ding - Pacer shows my 341 on 4/3 but I have not received anything in the mail on it. - jb
                      Filed - 2/27/09
                      341 - 4/3/09
                      Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

How long does it take your case to show up on pacer once it's (supposedly) filed? My attorney said she was filing this past Monday and there's nothing on Pacer yet. The predators, I mean creditors, are getting more and more aggressive. I mailed out a certified letter to all of them on Monday from my attorney stating that they needed to communicate through her from now on.

My attorney took 3 weeks longer than promised to complete the paperwork, so I'm wondering if I need to send her a friendly reminder about filing?
                        Filed chapter 7 3/19/09
                        341 Meeting 4/13/09
                        60 day club!

Comment

hi emmacat, take it from me, if i have learned one thing is that you follow pacer and your gut instinct, we thought all was rocking, then letter from court came, certain docs not filed, notified lawyer, they said "don't worry, had to file emergency filing we will handlle it,next thing we know our case was closed!! These lawyers get paid and get laxed. My advice is keep on him/her they can get pretty arrogant. One thing to remember is we pay them, they work for us, my lawyer gave us a whole bunch of sh_t check my thread "things just got a whole lot worse". Now that we are refiled, they called us and actually faxed me the pacer paperwork, because they knew I would check it, I wouldn't have believed it. When we choose lawyers, we hope and pray we have made the right choice, then the rest is in their hands. Does my lawyer piss me off yes, can I afford another one, NO, so do I hope and pray all goes well YES. Every case and lawyer situation is different, so I hope I could give you a little bit of insight. Good Luck & protect yourself.

Comment

I just emailed my lawyer and played nice/dumb. Said that I wanted to confirm my case was filed and asked for a case# so "I could give it to my creditors who were becoming more and more aggressive."

Just now received an email from my lawyer stating that the case was filed this week. However, there's nothing on Pacer. How long does it take to show up on Pacer?
                            Filed chapter 7 3/19/09
                            341 Meeting 4/13/09
                            60 day club!

Comment

Originally posted by emmacat View Post
                              I just emailed my lawyer and played nice/dumb. Said that I wanted to confirm my case was filed and asked for a case# so "I could give it to my creditors who were becoming more and more aggressive."

Just now received an email from my lawyer stating that the case was filed this week. However, there's nothing on Pacer. How long does it take to show up on Pacer?
                              If your lawyer filed your case electronically, there's a case number generated almost immediately.

PACER updates once a day during the business week Monday through Friday except for holidays and the very rare times it goes offline because of network issues.

Are you certain you are looking in the Bankruptcy area on PACER? It's easy to get off in the wrong area and not realize it.

If your lawyer did file your case even on paper under unusual circumstances that allow it (office connectivity out, for example), he/she would have a case number by now to give you. Be persistent and get it.

If your lawyer can't provide the case number and is still giving you the run-around, then tell your lawyer you know you should have a case number by now if he/she really filed your case, find out why it hasn't been filed, and then give a date when it will be filed or you will be forced to contact the state bar in your state and file a complaint.
                              Last edited by lrprn; 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM.
                              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X