341 confirmation hearing yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 confirmation hearing yesterday

We had our 341 yesterday and the trustee did not question any of my expenses!!! If you go back and read some of my posts my attorney thought our food expense for a family of 4 was to high, we had listed 740.00 which included paper products and personal hygene. The trustee stated he would recommend our case for a discharge under chapter 7. Yeah!!!

Mindy:

Glad your 341 meeting went well. Did you leave your food expense at the low amount of $740 and/or did you tell the Trustee you felt it was too low?

If you don't mind my asking, what was your disposable income?

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for Your Discharged and Closed As Soon As Possible!

Luci

Comment

I left it at $740.00 I thought for sure he would say something about it but he didn't. The people in front of us must have had alot higher food expense because he said "what do you feed an army" but he still recommended them for a discharge also!! Our disposable income was $46.00.

Comment

Congratulations Mindy0795! Welcome to the 60 day club! It should be smooth sailing now for you!
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congratulations....You are on the road to freedom!
          Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
          341 - 2/5/09
          Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

Congratulations

Now smooth sailing for 60 days and to discharge
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I hope it's smooth sailing!!!!!! The trustee never even questioned our income tax return or if we even filed our taxes yet......I was kind of surprised.

Comment

Congrats to you. It sounds like everything went really good. Glad to hear...

Comment

Is you don't mind, what was your gross income and the debt you had?
                  Retained attorney 4/21/2009 Monday
                  Filed Ch 7, 4/30/2009 No Asset case, Under median.
                  341 Meeting 6/9/2009 - went well.
                  Discharged 8/9/2009, Closed 8/11/2009

Comment

Originally posted by sadandconfus View Post
                    Is you don't mind, what was your gross income and the debt you had?
                    SaC, even if mindi told you her income and debt level, it won't help you figure out your own financial situation. Income levels vary widely across the US, and debt level isn't what determines which bk chapter you can file.

You have to compare your gross income from all sources for the six calendar months before filing against your state's median income and then plug in your income and all your debts into the mandated Means Test to see if have disposable income or not.

Filing bk isn't as simple as taking your real income and comparing it against your real debt - not even close.
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X