Creditor Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Amendment

I just found a fairly large creditor I forgot when I filed. I know I have to do an amendment, but when?

My 341 meeting is on Monday. Do I need to rush to the court house today to file it, or can it wait till after?

The panel trustee will ask in your 341 if everything in your petition is true and correct. You are under oath, I would make sure that it is before going.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
      The panel trustee will ask in your 341 if everything in your petition is true and correct. You are under oath, I would make sure that it is before going.
      Yes I agree. The sooner the better. However, if for some reason you cannot update this before your 341, and are asked if it is correct and true, your answer would be yes, as far as you knew then so it is not a lie. BUT then tell the Trustee that you did overlook one creditor and will be making the change as soon as possible, otherwise all paperwork is correct with that exception. He should not have a problem with that and that you are up on the small error of omission will probably be looked on as a bonus. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks, I suppose I should just pack up and head out there to be safe. It's a 1/2 hr drive that I really didn't want to make. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by xeniilia View Post
          Thanks, I suppose I should just pack up and head out there to be safe. It's a 1/2 hr drive that I really didn't want to make. Oh well
          Can't it be filed electronically?
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            Can't it be filed electronically?
            Only from a lawyer's office. I believe xeniilia filed pro se.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by xeniilia View Post
              I just found a fairly large creditor I forgot when I filed. I know I have to do an amendment, but when?

My 341 meeting is on Monday. Do I need to rush to the court house today to file it, or can it wait till after?
              The trustee will ask if all of your creditors are listed. Tell him/her you forgot one and give him the information. Then you can amend your matrix.
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Just so you know, adding creditors will cost $26, so be prepared. If you happened to miss any other creditors, do this at the same time, so you'll only have to pay the $26 one time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X