top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have experience in: N.W. Ohio (Toleodo) Bk court?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have experience in: N.W. Ohio (Toleodo) Bk court?

"crap, I spelled toledo wrong" LOL

Just wondering what to expect in my area of Ohio(Lucas county). Just want to make sure there isn't one of those hanging judge types of trustees I am sure this area is going to be extremely busy, as my county and the two next to us have the highest unemployment rate (14%) in ohio 1,2,3. and not to mention the 3 above us in michigan 15%,16,& 17%) My are really sucks for jobs!!
    Last edited by Brighterdays; 03-27-2009, 07:07 PM.

Nah! It was fine. Do you have to go downtown on Madison? The only problem we had was trying to figure out where to park! Then we found the parking garage. I think we just talked with the trustee herself.. She did question us about past tax return in which I had a few farm animals but have since sold them, which we did claim. She didn't want this years tax return either, but it was only $500. We were in and out. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by dogbone33 View Post
      Nah! It was fine. Do you have to go downtown on Madison? The only problem we had was trying to figure out where to park! Then we found the parking garage. I think we just talked with the trustee herself.. She did question us about past tax return in which I had a few farm animals but have since sold them, which we did claim. She didn't want this years tax return either, but it was only $500. We were in and out. Good luck!
      Cool, I am just getting ready to do it. I am waiting out the 90days to make sure I am squeeky clean and to save up enough $$$ How much did your attorney cost?.

Problem is I have no income docs(no job) for the past two years as I went back to college and finished my degree. I am sure an attorney will help me with that. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Ohio here too all info would put DH at ease a bit...I keep pushing and he takes two steps back. I'm remoding the house now...Should be done hopefully in the next 3 weeks. And then file can't wait!!

Comment

Rename this the Ohio thread.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

How do you rename a thread? I do like how Ohio lets you actulally keep a decent vehicle, by raising its allowance. What is it now? 3500?

I will start a new thread

Comment

I used to be as Toledo Resident and unemployment drove me out. I still couldn't avoid bankruptcy, the damage was already made.

As for cars exemption, the total is somewhere around $3500.

If you have a good lawyer you won't even feel the pressure. If you really are in a bad financial situation and bankruptcy is the only way out, then your case will go smooth. Numbers don't lie.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by hjeliass View Post
                I used to be as Toledo Resident and unemployment drove me out. I still couldn't avoid bankruptcy, the damage was already made.

As for cars exemption, the total is somewhere around $3500.

If you have a good lawyer you won't even feel the pressure. If you really are in a bad financial situation and bankruptcy is the only way out, then your case will go smooth. Numbers don't lie.

good luck
                Not bad yet, but I think I'm past the point of no return even if I get a job(yeah, right). I am single 39 yr old and unemployed. I went back to college and finished my degree. Now there aren't any jobs here. I have relatives(mom) in columbus area, so looks like I will let my house go and bk my CC cards 40k. No other bills. I want to wait 4 or 6 months before I file to put some time in between my charges. It's just hard when I'm only 1/3rd maxed on my cards and my credit score is 700 something.

I figure no income(on paper) for the last 1 1/2 yrs and no assets, it should be a fairly easy Bk. I have never done a Cash Advance and I have only done two Balance transfers. $2200(1month ago) and 350(2 months ago). I have quite a few charges between $100 and 500. in the last 3 months.

I have found it takes about 2 years to really get your credit back on track. Start by getting a couple orchard bank cards(may have yearly charge) you need to use them but never over half and you need to pay them off each month. Then, in two years getting an FHA loan on a house is possibly

Comment

Originally posted by Brighterdays View Post
                  How do you rename a thread?
                  You ask a moderator to do it.

I will start a new thread
                  If the thread will discuss this same topic or ask the same questions already answered here in this thread, please do not start another competing thread. That's against our forum rules.
                  I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                  06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                  07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                  10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                  01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                  09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                  06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                  08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                  Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

We paid our attorney. $800 plus the $299 filing fee. We were way under median with household of 4. We now are just waiting for our CU to deal with us on our Jeep. We owe 18k have not made payment since November. They wanted us to keep it for 10k but our attorney went back at 8k. I need it for my business and am afraid I won't get a loan for a truck. We will be discharged in a month and the CU's attorney won't call ours back.. I even said we would keep Jeep for 10k. But I am afraid they are just waiting till we are discharged then come and take it. So that is the only problems we are having. But they have tons of vehicles that are repoed at the bank so I would think they would let us reaffirm at 8k. Besides they won't get that at auction!

Comment

Since you live in Toledo, you might want to check attorney *****, I consulted him back in 2006, the first time I thought about bankruptcy. He is very experienced.I don't remember how much he told me he would charge, but as I remember he said he would work a payment plan. His words were "you are filling bankruptcy, you can't pay me at once". something my current lawyer didn't say..lol
                      Last edited by lrprn; 03-28-2009, 09:08 PM. Reason: removed lawyer's name

Comment

Originally posted by hjeliass View Post
                        Since you live in Toledo, you might want to check attorney *****
                        hjeliass, please don't post actual lawyer or trustee names here in the open forum. Instead send the lawyer's name you suggested to brighterdays in a private message (PM) - thanks.

brighterdays, if you get here first, please PM hjeliass and ask for the posted lawyer name.
                        Last edited by lrprn; 03-28-2009, 09:37 PM.
                        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                          hjeliass, please don't post actual lawyer or trustee names here in the open forum. Instead send the lawyer's name you suggested to brighterdays in a private message (PM) - thanks.

brighterdays, if you get here first, please PM hjeliass and ask for the posted lawyer name.
                          Yep, I am on it

Gawd, I hate shopping for lawyers. I wish there was a site like amazon where you could read ratings. I always read the worst ratings first. That tells me if the product is crap or the the buyer just got a bad one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X